Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2022-06-08 21:33:40

Myusername

monaco editor

I’m developing a plugin to add Monaco Editor to Textapattern. I’ve already done some of the work:

• Editor is added below Textpattern’s textarea
  • The textarea is hidden
  • The content of the textarea is sent to the editor
  • When changing the content of the editor, it is sent to the textarea for Textpattern to save it normally

So far so good, but as the forms can have the most varied mimetypes, I added a <select> element with several language options, the user can change dynamically.

However, I would like this mimetype type to be directly tied to this form. So I did a little more:

• When installing the plugin, a new column is added to the txp_form table

The idea is that when the user saves the form, the select value is saved in that column. So each form would have its syntax.

But I can’t think of a way to save the value of the select in that column created. How can I do this? The plugin is here and it loads monaco via cdn, if anyone can take a look and help me I’d be grateful.

Last edited by Myusername (2022-06-08 23:50:32)

#2 2022-06-09 09:10:58

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: monaco editor

Amazing. You might try to look at form_saved callback, which sends old/new form name on form save. You could then update your column with doSlash(ps('abc_editor_lang_select')) value. This yields two table updates on save, but I see no better way (we should think of it, though).

Also, you could target UI elements more precisely:

register_callback('abc_editor_form_tab', 'form_ui', 'inputlabel.form');

and so on, to avoid unnecessary calls.

#3 2022-06-09 14:52:14

Myusername

Re: monaco editor

Thanks for the reply, I’ll try to do that later.

Board footer