Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2022-06-08 19:03:04

jakob
Admin
Website

Humo(u)r

Being born only a little before decimal currency was introduced to GB, my grasp on pounds, shillings and pence, and on (most) imperial measures, is tenuous at best. So I guffawed loudly (into my tea) when Bojo proposed a return to imperial measures in UK shops. So progressive 🙄

That said, it seems I have my own weak spot: I can’t tell you how often I have searched for elusive CSS errors just because I wrote them in English. British English!

Well, it turns out there’s a solution for that: a CSS post-processor for British English writers (GitHub repo).

(via Andy Bell – Twitter link)

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#2 2022-06-09 09:33:20

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Humo(u)r

jakob wrote #333554:

That said, it seems I have my own weak spot: I can’t tell you how often I have searched for elusive CSS errors just because I wrote them in English. British English!

no no… CSS is holding it wrong! color should really be “Couleur” or “Farbe” or maybe “色”; as a last resort, eventually , “colour“… but bear in mind, “Fog in the Channel, Continent isolated” and ‘imperial’ measures.

:-).

(I lost count of how many times I typed that one “wrong”, only to have the browser dev tools scream at me – such impolite brats)

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#3 2022-06-09 19:18:14

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Humo(u)r

phiw13 wrote #333558:

no no… CSS is holding it wrong! color should really be “Couleur” or “Farbe” or maybe “色”; as a last resort, eventually , “colour“… but bear in mind, “Fog in the Channel, Continent isolated” and ‘imperial’ measures.

😄 The replacement array in the code is actually very straightforward so you could in fact make it work with all of those.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer