Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2022-05-22 21:26:14

Myusername

Interesting cms

I didn’t know about Expressionengine, the concept of how they handle the content there is very interesting. It’s all connected.

We can create channels, (apparently it’s like the sections of the Textpattern). And from there you can create category groups and define which category group you want to make available in each channel. Custom fields follow the same concept, you can create groups of custom fields, and define which group you want to make available for each channel (and there are all possible types of custom fields, including Markdown and wysiwyg fields). Each channel has the option for you to choose a limit of articles created, which statuses will be available (we can even create statuses), which user group is allowed to publish in the channel, the layout of the fields e mais. Anyway, it seems that the possibilities for organizing content are endless. I didn’t go that deep to find out what the weaknesses of this CMS are, but I was a little wary of creating themes. The way they handle URLs and the lack of native functions is disappointing, having to resort to PHP often.

Has anyone used it? if not, I recommend taking a look, it may come up with interesting ideas.

#2 2022-05-23 01:52:53

bici
Website Mastodon

Re: Interesting cms

Myusername wrote #333422:

I didn’t know about Expressionengine, the concept of how they handle the content there is very interesting. It’s all connected.

We can create channels, (apparently it’s like the sections of the Textpattern). And from there you can create category groups and define which category group you want to make available in each channel. Custom fields follow the same concept, you can create groups of custom fields, and define which group you want to make available for each channel (and there are all possible types of custom fields, including Markdown and wysiwyg fields). Each channel has the option for you to choose a limit of articles created, which statuses will be available (we can even create statuses), which user group is allowed to publish in the channel, the layout of the fields e mais. Anyway, it seems that the possibilities for organizing content are endless. I didn’t go that deep to find out what the weaknesses of this CMS are, but I was a little wary of creating themes. The way they handle URLs and the lack of native functions is disappointing, having to resort to PHP often.

Has anyone used it? if not, I recommend taking a look, it may come up with interesting ideas.

I have been an Expression Engine user since it’s pMachine days –– it morfed from PM to EE.
I have also used TxP since my pM days. I love them both. They both have their pros and cons. I still have my website started in 2002-03 with EE active. Ditto for my Txp site started in late 2004.

…. texted postive

Board footer