Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2022-04-14 17:49:50

jerz

Can I archive my TXP site?

I am switching web hosts and my Textpattern site is essentially no longer in use, but I have no desire to let it disappear. Is it possible to archive it somehow into static HTML and move that over as a series of pages (without having to move the database and everything that comes with it), or will I have to install TXP and work to migrate the site as is?

#2 2022-04-14 20:20:01

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Can I archive my TXP site?

Probably the easiest way is to run your site through a scraper that converts the pages into static HTML and rewrites the links in the process to make a self-contained site. I’m sure there are plenty of tools for various platforms out there; one I’ve use that works quite effectively is Sitesucker. If you want a hand, send me an email and I can run the site through it.

You may lose some dynamic facilities such as search or various filtered / sorting views but if all you want is basically a copy of your old articles, it works fine.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2022-04-14 23:34:46

jerz

Re: Can I archive my TXP site?

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, and I should be able to figure it out. I appreciate the recommendation.

Board footer