Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-06-15 18:49:57

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

HostingPill give us a mention

Logged into Facebork for the first time in ages and noticed this article in my feed:

WordPress alternatives

Thanks to whoever posted it. We’re mentioned as #4 of 5 in the Alternative CMS section, with a little write-up. It’s fair, though I don’t see “not being updated frequently” as being a con, but hey, I’ll take whatever exposure we can get!

I note they accept guest posts, btw. Unpaid, sadly. But given their readership of 75K small biz owners and bloggers, it may be an avenue to explore for an “end of the staging server” article – like our own one, but targeted at a non-Textpattern crowd.

Failing that (maybe such a post is more for designers and server nerds) can anyone think of a good post that would grab the attention of small biz owners and bloggers to highlight a feature of Txp that might make the grade?

Last edited by Bloke (2020-06-15 18:51:17)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2 2020-06-15 22:37:18

rsilletti

Re: HostingPill give us a mention

I posted it per their request, nice to note that that is welcome by the community. The FB page has been idle forever. I’ve posted for releases but haven’t seen much else.

#3 2020-06-16 04:26:24

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Cons: Plugins are generally more advanced in nature.

What does that mean and why is it a con? I’m wondering which plugins they investigated before arriving to that conclusion.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2020-06-16 06:12:54

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Thanks, Rick. Great you posted it.

And yeah, I wasn’t sure what that plugin “con” meant, either. Perhaps, by Txp’s nature, front end plugins are “advanced” because they usually require you to add tags to your markup, which isn’t point n’ click like WP. *shrug*

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer