Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-03-23 10:06:31

AndrijaM
Website

Can not access to admin..

Hi, I have an old website, when trying to enter /textpattern I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function html_head() on a non-object in /home1/myhosting/public_html/my-web-site.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 176

Website was running old version of TXP, but few months back I did an upgrade to newer version, but not the latest, can not remember, I think it is 4.3 at the moment.

Wanted to access admin now but get this error.

Any suggestion, please ?

#2 2020-03-23 10:16:06

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Can not access to admin..

Could you check your version of PHP please? Read history.txt for the release notes of the Txp version you have installed and check it meets minimum compatibility. Also note that versions prior to 4.7 don’t work well with newer PHP 7, for example.

Last edited by Bloke (2020-03-23 10:16:33)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2020-03-23 15:28:36

AndrijaM
Website

PHP version is 5.4
Txp should be 4.3 in the update folder that is the highest version..

#4 2020-03-23 20:11:50

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Thanks. Nothing wrong with that PHP version.

So the next avenue is to find out which theme you’re using and if it’s installed correctly. If you don’t know which theme is in use, have a look directly in your database in the txp_prefs table for the ‘theme_name’ (select * from txp_prefs where name = 'theme_name').

Then check in your textpattern/theme directory and check that theme’s files are installed and completely present in a sub-directory of the same name. If you’re using a custom theme, trying changing your txp_prefs table ‘theme_name’ value to ‘classic’ or ‘remora’ and see if things improve.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer