Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-03-18 09:37:43

sergeylonger

need help with CMS textpattern -how to add a content to the site

Hi
I work with several CMS
there was no experience with textpattern
I need to add some photos to the gallery and I already figure out how to do this for several days. it’s a failure
please, help

#2 2020-03-18 10:19:57

sergeylonger

Re: need help with CMS textpattern -how to add a content to the site

how to upload a photo to the gallery? help me please

#3 2020-03-18 10:32:37

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Hello and welcome to the forums. Without knowing how your site is set up specifically, nor which version of Textpattern you are using, I can only advise on the general process:

1. After logging into the admin side, visit Content->Images.
  2. Click Browse… or drag an image over the upload box.
  3. If you are using recent versions of Textattern (4.7.0 or higher) you can choose/drag multiple images, and choose a destination category.
  4. Click Upload. The image(s) will each be assigned an ID. Make a note of the IDs as you’ll need them in a moment.
  5. Visit the article you wish to associate an image with.
  6. Find the Article image box in the sidebar.
  7. Type in the image ID (or comma-separated list of images IDs).
  8. Save the article.

Your templates may be set up differently, but this is usually how it is designed. There are also plugins available such as abc_article_image which streamline the above process and allow you to manipulate images directly on the Write panel.

If you need more help above and beyond this, please let us know which version of Textpattern you are running, and post any relevant Form template code that handles images (look for <txp:images>) and we’ll see if we can assist further.

Hope that helps.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2020-03-18 10:46:02

sergeylonger

Bloke wrote #322223:

Hello and welcome to the forums. Without knowing how your site is set up specifically, nor which version of Textpattern you are using, I can only advise on the general process:

1. After logging into the admin side, visit Content->Images.
  2. Click Browse… or drag an image over the upload box.
  3. If you are using recent versions of Textattern (4.7.0 or higher) you can choose/drag multiple images, and choose a destination category.
  4. Click Upload. The image(s) will each be assigned an ID. Make a note of the IDs as you’ll need them in a moment.
  5. Visit the article you wish to associate an image with.
  6. Find the Article image box in the sidebar.
  7. Type in the image ID (or comma-separated list of images IDs).
  8. Save the article.

Your templates may be set up differently, but this is usually how it is designed. There are also plugins available such as abc_article_image which streamline the above process and allow you to manipulate images directly on the Write panel.

If you need more help above and beyond this, please let us know which version of Textpattern you are running, and post any relevant Form template code that handles images (look for <txp:images>) and we’ll see if we can assist further.

Hope that helps.

thank you

Board footer