You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Corona virus

#109 2020-03-30 13:59:05

zero
Website

Re: Corona virus

Be very thankful for being born in a developed country. The poorest, marginalised and most vulnerable in society are affected the worst by this crisis.

India looks to me like millions may die.

No spatial distancing there. I suppose reports from refugee camps in various parts of Europe are hard to come by cos you’re likely to be infected if you go to those places. Lord have mercy.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#110 2020-03-30 15:29:41

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

You couldn’t make it up: Astrophysicist gets magnets stuck up nose while inventing coronavirus device. Thought it was April 1st already, but it seems legit.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#111 2020-03-30 15:47:07

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

As from tomorrow we will have a tougher curfew. Excuse the quick translation from Greek.

1. No movement for anyone except those in night-shifts between 9pm-6am
  2. No gatherings in any home.
  3. We are still allowed to go shopping for food etc but this is only allowed once a day and only after we SMS that we will do so.
  4. All retail except kiosks will be closed on Sundays (I agree with this at the best of times!)
  5. Exploiting neighbourhood observers. (Where did I last read about that?)
  6. For those found to be coronavirus-positive, the Ministry of Health is studying ways to enforce electronic home surveillance.
  7. Suspension of all work from tourist and travel agencies.
  8. Suspension of all aircraft handling services, excluding those relating to the service of flights exceptionally approved by the Minister for Transport, Communications and Works, as well as cargo flights.
  9. A max of 3 people, including the driver will be allowed in vehicles (including taxis).
  10. Penalties are increased from 150 to 300 euros

Complete article in Greek

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#112 2020-03-30 15:50:10

colak
Admin

Bloke wrote #322362:

You couldn’t make it up: Astrophysicist gets magnets stuck up nose while inventing coronavirus device. Thought it was April 1st already, but it seems legit.

This gave me the first real laughter of the day :D Thanks Stef!

Yiannis
——————————

#113 2020-03-30 16:15:05

bici
Website Mastodon

Bloke wrote #322354:

I should have remembered that mercola articles don’t appear in search results due to the censorship machine.

What censorship machine? Why?

…. texted postive

#114 2020-03-30 16:27:47

Summer

From January 25 to today, I haven’t left home except buying daily necessities.
Despite the lifting of restrictions, it has not yet fully stabilized.
During the quarantine period, it increased the time I spent with my family, which was also very good for me.
If unfortunately get infected, seek medical attention immediately. Don’t make the condition worse. Severe male patients can have devastating effects on the reproductive system. . .

#115 2020-03-30 16:32:20

zero
Website

bici wrote #322365:

What censorship machine? Why?

mercola.com and others no longer show up in search results

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#116 2020-03-30 16:41:45

zero
Website

Summer wrote #322366:

From January 25 to today, I haven’t left home except buying daily necessities.
Despite the lifting of restrictions, it has not yet fully stabilized.
During the quarantine period, it increased the time I spent with my family, which was also very good for me.
If unfortunately get infected, seek medical attention immediately. Don’t make the condition worse. Severe male patients can have devastating effects on the reproductive system. . .

We forget how lucky we are in Europe to still have so much freedom of movement despite restrictions. But perhaps it will turn out we are not so fortunate, Summer? Do you think we’d be better off with a China-style lockdown? Are our governments too arrogant and haven’t taken the pandemic seriously enough?

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#117 2020-03-30 16:50:32

bici
Website Mastodon

zero wrote #322367:

mercola.com and others no longer show up in search results

wow! Who knew. Big Pharma in bed with the whore Google…

…. texted postive

#118 2020-03-30 16:55:20

colak
Admin

zero wrote #322368:

We forget how lucky we are in Europe to still have so much freedom of movement despite restrictions. But perhaps it will turn out we are not so fortunate, Summer? Do you think we’d be better off with a China-style lockdown? Are our governments too arrogant and haven’t taken the pandemic seriously enough?

Just in case you missed Julian’s post from 3 days ago. I would still want to hear Summer’s views though.

jakob wrote #322329:

Some delightful, uplifting, empathic, sobering, and true words from the Roman author Francesca Melandri in The Guardian.

Yiannis
——————————

#119 2020-03-30 17:15:53

jakob
Admin
Website

colak wrote #322363:

3. We are still allowed to go shopping for food etc but this is only allowed once a day and only after we SMS that we will do so.

5. Exploiting neighbourhood observers. (Where did I last read about that?)
6. For those found to be coronavirus-positive, the Ministry of Health is studying ways to enforce electronic home surveillance.

Wow! There’s debate here about stronger enforcement here, also regarding an app tracking mobile data, currently supposedly “by consent” but it’s not been implemented. That’s also been mentioned for tracking down past movements one might have had before having discovered being infected.

The first one is strict: how is that checked? Do you show a police officer your SMS when stopped? In Austria, people will soon need to wear a mask to go shopping. But what do you do when there are no masks?

“Exploiting neighbourhood observers” means what? Sounds like the Stasi all over again!?

On another note, if you’re in need of some distraction, there are gradually more “lockdown sessions” videos appearing online. Tastes differ of course but I saw a couple of good ones from bands/trios playing in empty clubs or cinemas in London. Design/architecture fans might also like Gary Hustwit’s design films currently streaming one a week for free.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#120 2020-03-30 17:17:34

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Hi, just installed zoom app and it offers video meeting up to 100 people for free, we should try it to make a txp meeting !

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Corona virus

Board footer