Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2020-04-01 11:11:58

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Feedback to: Textpattern CMS 4.8.0 Released

singaz: author@ and category strings.

I would like to fix this asap so it uses English strings regardless. I tried in 4.8.0 but was (rightly) reeled in. I wonder if 4.8.1 is a suitable place to do so since we have more time to test? Hmmmm…

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#26 2020-04-01 11:52:25

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #322420:

I would like to fix this asap so it uses English strings regardless. I tried in 4.8.0 but was (rightly) reeled in. I wonder if 4.8.1 is a suitable place to do so since we have more time to test? Hmmmm…

you had posted a fairly decent suggestion in your most recent post on the relevant GitHub post. I thought I had posted an answer, but it seems that got lost into thin air. Maybe I forgot to press the submit button… Anyway, recap, your idea – and I think it is a fairly workable solution:

• for new installs, default to English independently of the front-end language of the site
  • for existing installs, a pref is available to choose to use English or use the front-end language.

The second option would allow existing sites to keep their existing localised URL schemes. That is good. One site I help manage uses both Front-end and Back-end non-English language and the URL’s reflect that – part. for categories. Those are also referenced by other sites.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#27 2020-04-02 08:20:36

singaz

Bloke wrote #322420:

singaz: author@ and category strings.

Thank you!

Sorry my horror English. I’m learning textpattern, I’m learning English

#28 2020-06-09 17:36:48

singaz

Accidentally noticed.

I am using textpattern version: 4.8.1.

I use the code in the default form:

<txp:etc_query data='<txp:body />' separator="|\/|" replace='h2[1]/preceding::*[1]$=<txp:output_form form="soo_toc" />|\/|p[2]$=<txp:output_form form="promo" />|\/|p[6]$=<txp:output_form form="related" />' />

When the menu “Production status” established to “Debugging” i get a message:

When the “Production Status” menu is set to “Debugging”, when I open the “Write” article, I get a message:

Sorry my horror English. I’m learning textpattern, I’m learning English

Board footer