Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-02-09 03:14:50

wordgasm
Website

Fatal Error D:

hello! i haven’t been checking my website for the past couple of months. now it says:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/wordgasm/wordgasm/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:34 Stack trace: #0 /home/wordgasm/wordgasm/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php(50): DB->DB() #1 /home/wordgasm/wordgasm/textpattern/publish.php(31): include_once(‘/home/wordgasm/…’) #2 /home/wordgasm/wordgasm/index.php(82): include(‘/home/wordgasm/…’) #3 {main} thrown in /home/wordgasm/wordgasm/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 34

i’m no programmer though. :/ can a kind stranger out there please help me? the site is wordgasm.com.

#2 2020-02-09 05:58:42

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Fatal Error D:

Hi,

It sounds like this, and this cases. Do you know what txp version you have installed and if your host upgraded their php recently?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2020-02-09 09:16:56

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Definitely backup your database then upgrade your website to 4.7.3, and 4.8.0 when it comes out very soon. Colak is right that your host has upgraded PHP and it’s incompatible with the older version of Textpattern you are currently using.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2020-02-09 11:07:53

wordgasm
Website

Thank you. I think I had the same problem around 10 years ago. But I couldn’t find the thread.

I don’t remember my TXP version, but it was installed maybe in 2015 or 2016. Yeah, definitely old.

Okay, I’ll backup my db and upgrade. Cheers. :)

#5 2020-02-09 12:42:16

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Cool. Let us know how it goes and if there’s anything not working afterwards (e.g. plugins). Some may have been superseded, others may just need a tweak to fix or there may already be newer versions floating around we can point you towards.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer