Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-01-01 02:57:23

lisak

Paid work - site needs tweaks

HI, I recently had my photography site updated w/ some new content, but the designer was new to TP, and when he ran into issues (which Jakob, an awesome TP pro here fixed!), he wasn’t able to finish the job due to other gigs. The site is up and working well, except several images are coming up too large or too small, and no matter what I, a non-designer novice, do to try to upload ones that I think are resized correctly, they don’t come up the same size as the existing images. In addition to those handful of wrong-sized images, I also need several pictures swapped into a better order. If this small job is of interest, please post, and I’ll send you the website link and detailed instructions and jpegs via email for an estimate. Thanks!

#2 2020-01-01 05:36:44

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Paid work - site needs tweaks

Hi lisak
and a happy new year. If you can post the url. of your website, we should be able to guide you through to correct these issues.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2020-01-01 21:31:44

jakob
Admin
Website

Hi lisak,
If no-one else steps up to help you out, I’ll gladly take a look for you. Just let me know: you have my contact details.

For anyone else willing to assist, I updated the site from 4.4.1 to 4.7.3 in October. The code from the original designer has been updated to a current theme and the site no longer needs any plugins, so it shouldn’t be complex.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#4 2020-01-02 18:42:28

WebmistressM

jakob wrote #320787:

Hi lisak,
If no-one else steps up to help you out, I’ll gladly take a look for you. Just let me know: you have my contact details.

For anyone else willing to assist, I updated the site from 4.4.1 to 4.7.3 in October. The code from the original designer has been updated to a current theme and the site no longer needs any plugins, so it shouldn’t be complex.

I too would be interested to know the URL of this website. The original poster said that they werent too versed on “design code”, which Im guessing is CSS/XHTML that he is referring to? If so, that is pretty much my wheelhouse.

Loving Textpattern more and more (4.7.3 was the real kicker) and I see how much it is helping me start at the simple before I get too far into the design portion of my brain.

#5 2020-01-02 21:31:18

colak
Admin

lisak wrote to me and explained to her how to solve some of her issues.

@WebmistressM

It is a txp site. The issues are basically more about the preparation of images and navigating the txp interface in the way the design demanded rather than html/css ones. Julian made sure the tags work beautifully.

Yiannis
——————————

#6 2020-01-03 23:54:47

lisak

Thanks a lot Yiannis – your help explaining how to go in and make changes enabled me to do most of it myself. Thank you for that and the updating you were able to do! (And to Jakob for the code update a few weeks ago.)

#7 2020-01-23 19:14:37

gabimoskowitz

Hi there. I’m looking for someone who can help me update my CMS and also with cookie labeling. Please reach out. Thanks so much.

Last edited by gabimoskowitz (2020-01-23 19:15:57)

#8 2020-01-24 18:49:49

colak
Admin

gabimoskowitz wrote #321308:

Hi there. I’m looking for someone who can help me update my CMS and also with cookie labeling. Please reach out. Thanks so much.

Could you expand what you mean with cookie labeling. Also is your site powered by textpattern?

Yiannis
——————————

#9 2020-01-24 19:05:04

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer