Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2019-10-03 13:57:23

michaelkpate
Website

Re: EU Judgement: Storing cookies requires internet users’ active consent

phiw13 wrote #319510:

Does Chromium / Chrome ever supported it? Individual ports might, though. (google properties stomp on DNT).

Chrome 77.0.3865.90

When you browse the web on computers or Android devices, you can send a request to websites not to collect or track your browsing data. It’s turned off by default. However, what happens to your data depends on how a website responds to the request. Many websites will still collect and use your browsing data to improve security, provide content, services, ads and recommendations on their websites, and generate reporting statistics. Most websites and web services, including Google’s, don’t change their behavior when they receive a Do Not Track request. Chrome doesn’t provide details of which websites and web services respect Do Not Track requests and how websites interpret them. – Turn Do Not Track on or off

#12 2019-10-04 02:38:19

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

phiw13 wrote #319510:

Yes, DNT is gone from Safari 13, […]

For the sake of completeness, Safari’s DNT implementation has been build in its ITP, which is amore powerful and versatile mechanism (turned on by default). Firefox is planning the same, I think

michaelkpate wrote #319524:

Thanks for that. At least they are kinda honest when they mention that Google properties do not pay any attention to DNT settings.

Last edited by phiw13 (2019-10-04 02:38:36)

#13 2019-10-05 20:33:59

singaz

Could you write detailed instructions on how to do this?

I’m tired of figuring out how to embed this in a textpattern.

I think it will be useful for many.

P.S.
The writers of such laws demonstrate a lack of competence.

Today tracked by ubercookie , evercookie wikipedia , evercookie , storage , hard drive identifiers, system identifier and much more are tracked.

Classic cookies – today there is a minuscule, a trifle, dust.

But we have nowhere to go.

Last edited by singaz (2019-10-10 09:36:45)

Sorry my horror English. I’m learning textpattern, I’m learning English

Board footer