Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-06-08 16:49:50

JimJoe
Website

configurable as personal project tracker ?

I have gotten to the point where I am making maps for 11 web sites. Ten of them mine. The other is a collaborative project with about 10 or so people making maps.

It would help if I could keep better track of what maps I’m working on. And when I said I would get them done by.

A spreadsheet would work, but I would much prefer the other mappers I know be able to remind me if I have forgotten a map or five. So a web site, this would be a sub-domain, that the public could view is preferable.

I have looked at about 20 project management programs that are web site installable. They are for keeping projects and tasks private. But I did go through several demos and installs as sub-domains to make sure I could or couldn’t use them. They either do too much like track per hour or deal with money involved, and none are publically viewable. And some are so limited, to do what I want requires a money outlay to do more, and some are beyond my means.

Thanks for your help.

#2 2019-06-09 15:51:00

JimJoe
Website

Re: configurable as personal project tracker ?

I decided to install textpattern and go with that. The other things I looked at require too much modifying. I’m old and prefer to use my time otherwise.

#3 2019-06-10 10:00:47

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

JimJoe wrote #318430:

I’m old and prefer to use my time otherwise.

I’ve been saying this for a decade! This tech stuff will help keep your brain active, JimJoe.

I’m setting up OpenProject for the first time in a long time this week, it’s a bit of a monster to get going but it looks like it might be a good fit if you can find a host that has it in an installable form (perhaps via a control panel installer etc).

#4 2019-06-20 17:08:29

JimJoe
Website

Not listed under my cpanel/Softaculous. I did look at their site.

As for keeping my brain active, my 18 year old nephew, who Knows All, asked me a few months ago what type of cell phone I had when I was a kid.

I replied, “Two tin cans and a string.” After my sister and I spent about 5 minutes laughing that is.

Board footer