Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2019-03-28 07:38:34

Destry
Website

Re: wino and co.

Is there a trick for taming contact forms in phones?

It took five days staring at mine thinking the ‘Reasons for contact’ selection field was broken before I realized the list was popping up at bottom. I guess that’s normal, if not exactly clear (evidently).

Perhaps more problematic is that when I type into a text or textarea field, it zooms in to something ridiculous and it just looks and feels like the layout is broken.

I don’t expect to get many messages by phone, or at all (except from hopeful Indian journos), but this is certainly not going to help anyone. Maybe I’m just showing my age? Young people adapt to this behavior easily?

What I think would be better is no zooming in on a field, but just larger text inside the fields, is that possible? Or is this built-in phone tech taking over?

The text persuades, the *notes prove。

#12 2019-03-28 08:03:12

jakob
Admin
Website

Destry wrote #317358:

… before I realized the list was popping up at bottom. I guess that’s normal, if not exactly clear (evidently).

That’s the standard select box behaviour on iOS.

Is there a trick for taming contact forms in phones? … Perhaps more problematic is that when I type into a text or textarea field, it zooms in to something ridiculous …

iOS will zoom in the page if the form field’s font size is less than 16px. To prevent this, set them to 16px or bigger. This stackoverflow thread describes it in detail.

You can also find mini javascript snippets on the net that prevent autozoom happening too.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#13 2019-03-28 12:24:23

Destry
Website

jakob wrote #317359:

iOS will zoom in the page if the form field’s font size is less than 16px . . . stackoverflow thread

Simple, and an acceptable result. Thanks.

The text persuades, the *notes prove。

Board footer