Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-11-24 05:01:06

Tae

plugin request: new articles auto post to forums; comments in forums

there was a topic that piqued my interest over at the punbb forums and thought that i’d ask here to see how feasable it would be to do it either as a plugin or hack – i have no programming ability myself. please read below..

“I want to hack PunBB/MovableType so my most recent MT post auto-generates a thread topic in PunBB, but didn’t want to mess with it until the next release is available. Or has someone already done something similar? This way, I can disable comments in MT (and avoid comment spam), and have an excuse to use Rickard’s software. ;)”

“That’s been my idea also, disable commenting, pass it over to PunBB.
There was a plugin written to do the same for Blog:CMS and ported over to Nucleus.
You can see it at my .net site using PunBB 1.1.5 as the backend forum.
The plugin has been enhanced in Blog:CMS for PunBB 1.2, showing you the replies at the forum for said topic among other enhancements.”

i have always wanted this since i prefer forums over blogs for archiving and better conversation management – at least for me. but blogs are superior for displaying new articles by site authors – it’s better at being a blog ;) so this solution would be a great melding of the two. what do you all think?

#2 2004-11-24 13:44:39

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Re: plugin request: new articles auto post to forums; comments in forums

That’s an interesting idea that could potentially benefit certain types of sites. I don’t know how difficult this would be, since I have never looked at punbb’s code. Maybe I will…

#3 2004-11-25 00:14:05

Tae

Re: plugin request: new articles auto post to forums; comments in forums

i’d appreciate that

Board footer