Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2018-10-23 03:32:30

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Windows

Algaris wrote #314687:

Regarding macOS I hope there isn’t a complete merge with iOS coming down the line. I don’t mind sharing features with each OS but the though of ending up with iOS on my Mac is not appealing.

On reflection, I shouldn’t have used the word “merge” in my comment above. That implies too much that macOS would become a specific version of iOS tailored for the “desktop” form factor. What will happen is that lots of under the hood stuff (code) that is in iOS now, or in the near future, will eventually be part of the code base of macOS. The top level layer – user facing UI / interaction model would still be different (hopefully…). Particularly the interaction model should remain different, as we deal with two (three) different form factors.

To use a Steve Jobs metaphor I’m a truck driver and always will be.

Yeah, macOS will be, more than now or in the past, the truck.

(yeah, software developers wil bult an app for IOS, then click the checkbox and make a desktop compatible version. And mess thins up. What is new here? they already do that, I’m looking at you electron apps which give only lip services to macOS integration – and try to be very polite.)

Destry wrote #314685:

Point is, I wouldn’t wait another five years to get started down the path. There’s a reason Apple is the richest company in the world — grâce à nous !

Hmm, they’ve consistently built fairly solid hardware and software to it. That does play a role in their valuation. And as far as “tracking” goes, Apple is very conservative and protective of users privacy compared to other software and hardware makers. (and it is damn easy to turn of 99.9% of all tracking on macOS).

Apparently Mohave won’t work with laptops from 2010 or older, even if those machines work fine. Mine is 2011, so I guess Mohave might be my last macOS if the trend continues.

8 years old machines. That is a bloody good support.

p.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

Board footer