Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-11-19 17:37:54

chrismc
Plugin Author
Website

XML-RPC for Textpattern - Beta 3 RC1 Released

Details about the first release candidate of XRT Beta 3 can be found here: http://www.pixelmeadow.com/blog/xrt-beta-3-rc1

Please let me know any comments/feedback/bug reports you have. Preferably in the comments for my blog, or here.
Please don’t e-mail any queries at the moment – it won’t get answered for ages. I’ve got a lot of project work on at the moment and my inbox is flooded.

Beta 3 will (eventually) become the final release, so feedback is essential!

#2 2004-11-19 17:59:14

Andrew
Plugin Author

Re: XML-RPC for Textpattern - Beta 3 RC1 Released

Very nice, indeed.

#3 2004-11-20 03:02:32

ramanan
Plugin Author
Website

Hey Dude, great job with this stuff. I think this is the first step to doing really interesting things with Textpattern. And at the very least people will stop bitching about how they can’t use Ecto. Heh.

#4 2004-11-20 06:46:04

Tom Alday
Website

It still doesn’t turn comments on by default, is this on purpose?

#5 2004-11-20 08:55:58

kelp
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Looks good! The textile previews work quite well on Ecto for OS X.

One note, it still doesn’t handle custom database table prefixes… So I had to edit every mysql_query call to add my custom prefix.

Hopefully I can scrape together some time to send you a diff to fix that, maybe sunday, but no promises.

Also I can’t get it to set Categories although it does download them properly.

#6 2004-11-20 09:18:11

chrismc
Plugin Author
Website

Kelp: database prefixes will be in the next RC… I didn’t notice your original comment until after I’d uploaded and posted.

Tom: I honestly can’t remember if it is by design or not. On relflection, I’ll turn it on by default.

In testing with the newest w.bloggar RC, I’ve found one or two of the MT API functions that are not implemented that only a couple of clients need to work properly. These will also be in the next release.

Keep the feedback coming guys!

#7 2004-11-22 00:54:22

kelp
Archived Plugin Author
Website

A couple more things to note.

1) Line 18 has a small typo:

define('WEBLOG_XMLPRPC_USERAGENT','Textpattern XML-RPC v0.2');

Should read:

define('WEBLOG_XMLRPC_USERAGENT','Textpattern XML-RPC v0.2');

Changing that fixed a lot of warnings in my apache error logs.

2) When I make a new post from ecto (OS X) the categories are not set on the server. Also if I edit an existing post then my category settings are lost.

This is what I see in my error logs when posting or editing an article:

[client x.x.x.x] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: category2 in /path/to/textpattern/xmlrpcs.php on line 546
[client x.x.x.x] PHP Notice: Undefined index: categories in /path/to/textpattern/xmlrpcs.php on line 407
[client x.x.x.x] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: url_title in /path/to/textpattern/xmlrpcs.php on line 434
[client x.x.x.x] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: Category2 in /path/to/textpattern/xmlrpcs.php on line 453

3) Not sure if this is an xrt or ecto problem, but when I go to edit or view previos posts I have to manually select textile formatting even though I’ve saved that as the default. That is set properly for new articles, just not ones I’ve already posted. I will look more into this on both fronts and report back if I find anything.

Thanks so much for all your hard work!

Last edited by kelp (2004-11-22 00:55:30)

#8 2004-11-22 08:34:51

chrismc
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks for the info, Kelp. I don’t have access to a Mac for testing, so to get the “Mac’s eye view” is very helpful.

It seems like Ecto works differently on Windows than on Mac – my WinXP copy works fine posting with categories. I’ll look into your error messages and try and work something out.

I think #3 is probably an XRT problem – the formatting key might not be sent back wth the post correctly.

#9 2004-12-14 22:18:09

mapu

Has anybody made this working with Ecto on Mac OS X?
Everything looks fine in the client, but I can’t upload images nor I can upload the article I wrote.
Any hints?

Edit: Oh, somehow now uploading works, but the categories are not assigned in Textpattern although they are assigned in Ecto.

Last edited by mapu (2004-12-14 22:28:49)

#10 2004-12-15 00:19:21

jonhicks
Website

> kelp wrote: The textile previews work quite well on Ecto for OS X.

I’d be really interested to know how you got that working. I choose “HTML” but under ‘formatting” there are no options. Do you have to install the textile.pl file somewhere to do this?

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

Board footer