Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-08-28 19:29:43

Destry
Website

[Solved] Mac keyboard help

This is serious shiza, folks, and I need your intel.

I write in both English and French (much less the latter). My keyboard is a French AZERTY but I have it in US QWERTY mode all the time because I’m a touch typist (i.e., I don’t have to look at the keyboard to type). As a result of this cockamamie mixed up routine, I’ve relied on the ability (for the last 15 years) to press-hold a key to bring up the accent options for a given letter instead of doing it the AZERTY way via dedicated keys (which is really confusing; how do you French even deal with that?)

But, holyhellallmighty, the press-hold thing has stopped working! Instead of bring up the accent options menu now, the press-hold action completely kills the ability to type/edit text at that point at all for the application I’m in. I have to close the app and reopen it to get typing ability back.

This is really, REALLY bad because I can NOT have to rely on opening the entire glyph palette and search for accented letters that way, which is 20-times more effort. And it shouldn’t be necessary anyway. Something has happened but I don’t know what.

Any clues?

#2 2018-08-28 20:00:07

Destry
Website

Re: [Solved] Mac keyboard help

Well, I rebooted and the problem went away. Heh. Computers.

#3 2018-08-28 20:02:19

bici
Website Mastodon

we all need a good boot up the arse to get us back on track every once in awhile

…. texted postive

#4 2018-08-28 20:21:49

jakob
Admin
Website

Ha Ha Ha! Brilliant!

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer