Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-07-12 22:56:22

giz
Website

Auto-submitting a form

I need to add items to my yab_shop cart programmatically, and am stuck.

In an iOS AR app, a potential customer views a 3D product model in their living room. They opt to purchase the product, and tap through to a TXP website running yab_shop: myshop.com/ar-checkout?product=SKU123,SKU456,etc.

My approach to date has been to grab the various articles with matching SKU custom fields, and then use Javascript to sequentially submit each article’s ‘add-to-cart’ link.

All behaves normally if I manually click an ‘add to cart’ link (the page reloads with the cart message shown), but if I use Javascript i.e. form.submit() the page reloads, but yab_shop has ignored the request.

I can’t find anything in yab_shop code that might be the culprit, so I think there must be a gap in my understanding of the broader processes at work. Yab Shop uses $_SESSION to instantiate the cart – could this be preventing submission via Javascript?

…or is there a simpler way of achieving the same thing?

Advice is welcome! :)

Last edited by giz (2018-07-12 22:59:21)

#2 2018-07-14 18:17:45

giz
Website

Re: Auto-submitting a form

Bump!

#3 2018-07-20 10:30:58

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Very odd. Submitting the form via JavaScript should do the same thing as clicking the ‘submit’ button.

Is there anything in the browser web inspector that might give you a clue as to what’s going on? e.g. compare the inspector payload params when submitted via clicking the button vs programmatically submitting? The session in yab_shop is just to keep the cart contents in memory across page requests so shouldn’t have any bearing on how the form is submitted.

Bizarre.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2018-07-20 18:44:34

giz
Website

Thanks Bloke.

I tried all kinds of tests; inspector payload remained the same. Zo-bizzare: a com_connect form on the same page submitted via javascript as expected.

I gave up on this one! I changed the workflow, making my auto-submit problem moot.

Board footer