Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#331 2018-05-24 19:49:48

michaelkpate
Website

Re: Txp cookies, visitor logging, and GDPR stuff in general

Destry wrote #312069:

We’ve got to get the dog off the hay

It is so handy that articles like that include a button that you can use to share them to Facebook.

#332 2018-05-24 22:38:55

Destry
Website

Yep. It’s a horrible irony that only seems to be lost on the publishers.

The text persuades, the *notes prove。

#333 2018-05-25 02:00:34

bici
Website

jakob wrote #312068:

(BTW an aside: I found a way to create a single Let’s Encrypt certificate on webfaction for multiple domains at once. It’s not using the method you detailed in your instructions, but I can expand on that if you’re interested.)

yes please. hope its a simple procedure ;-)

…. texted postive

#334 2018-05-25 07:41:18

Destry
Website

jakob wrote #312068:

No, its been showing that message for a couple of days at least

Thanks. I’m looking into it.

Odd. I updated my certs about a week ago and the sites were fine after that, and I haven’t touched them since.

#335 2018-05-25 07:49:33

Destry
Website

jakob wrote #312068:

I found a way to create a single Let’s Encrypt certificate on webfaction for multiple domains at once.

I heard this was possible now but haven’t been able to look into it.

As it is now I have to run the script twice, which is the easy part. Copy/pasting the 3 resulting cert keys each time is the drudge work. Would be nice to run the scrip once and have auto updates, but it’s not a big deal to to run manually every couple of months or whatever.

Yes, please, hit me with the new and improved.

#336 2018-05-25 08:23:40

colak
Admin
Website

jakob wrote #312068:

(BTW an aside: I found a way to create a single Let’s Encrypt certificate on webfaction for multiple domains at once. It’s not using the method you detailed in your instructions, but I can expand on that if you’re interested.)

Please do… A step by step tutorial would be absolutely wonderful.

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | LABS | State Machines | Respbublika! | NeMe @ github

#337 2018-05-25 15:36:23

michaelkpate
Website

“Facebook has even blocked accounts of users who have not given consent. In the end users only had the choice to delete the account or hit the ‘agree’ button–that’s not a free choice; it more reminds of a North Korean election process,” said Schrems in a statement. “Many users do not know yet that this annoying way of pushing people to consent is actually forbidden under GDPR in most cases.” – Activists Are Already Targeting Google and Facebook Over Europe’s New Data Privacy Law That Went Live Today

I agree with him. GDPR does seem much like a North Korean Election Process.

A number of high-profile US news websites are temporarily unavailable in Europe after new European Union rules on data protection came into effect. The Chicago Tribune and LA Times were among those posting messages saying they were currently unavailable in most European countries. – GDPR: US news sites unavailable to EU users over data protection rules

Going back to our earlier discussion…

I fear that the upcoming EU GDPR privacy regulations will also have serious consequences for the future of post-mass media. – To Facebook — and Its Critics: Please Don’t Screw Up Our Internet

#338 2018-05-25 15:49:31

michaelkpate
Website

Here’s an interesting one.

I took this photo in Venice in 2010. Now. under GDPR, anyone in Europe can demand that Flickr delete it.

Rieck says the new protection of individual privacy means that anyone who appears in a photograph taken in the EU has an absolute right to refuse to be in that photo, especially if those pictures end up on social media. And it’s up to the person taking the picture to figure out whether subjects want to be in the photo or not. – New EU Data Protection Law Could Affect People Who Take Pictures With Their Phones

Fortunately, I took the time to backup all my Flickr photos to Google Photos last year.

#339 2018-05-25 16:32:58

colak
Admin
Website

michaelkpate wrote #312088:

Here’s an interesting one.

I took this photo in Venice in 2010. Now. under GDPR, anyone in Europe can demand that Flickr delete it.

Fortunately, I took the time to backup all my Flickr photos to Google Photos last year.

If anybody does ask for it to be deleted, here is a quick one you can replace it with:)

!https://preview.ibb.co/jDi6bT/4731295945_d5c811ebe1_b.jpg!

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | LABS | State Machines | Respbublika! | NeMe @ github

#340 2018-05-25 17:18:30

michaelkpate
Website

Thanks, Colak. :)

Here is another GDPR Guide – aimed at WordPress users but probably some useful information.

Having said that, due to the dynamic nature of websites, no single platform, plugin or solution can offer 100% GDPR compliance. The GDPR compliance process will vary based on the type of website you have, what data you store, and how you process data on your site. – The Ultimate Guide to WordPress and GDPR Compliance – Everything You Need to Know

Board footer