Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2020-09-26 16:16:49

GugUser

Re: bot_wtc v8 for Textpattern v4.7 (beta)

Is this true, nobody has an idea what could cause the problem? The support of the provider doesn’t know a solution either. What now? In other installations with other providers it works, but I can’t change provider because of that (it’s not my account), and the company is otherwise serious and unreliable.

GugUser wrote #326045 on 2020-09-23:

I use identical Textpattern installations at different providers, version 4.8.3 and PHP 7.4.10. At one of the providers there are problems saving the articles. After several attempts to solve the problem I found out that it has to do with the latest version of the bot_write_tab_customize plug-in. The console shows the following, only if the plug-in is activated.

What has this to do with the provider, why it works for some providers and not for one?

Warnings:

jQuery.Deferred exception: allForms is not defined ReferenceError: allForms is not defined...

Errors:

Uncaught ReferenceError: allForms is not defined...

p.

#26 2020-09-26 16:31:38

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Crap. This might be a core bug. Just out of curiosity, does it go away if you visit Preferences and toggle Allow form override? to Yes?

If it’s set to No, the JS Console complains trying to access the allForms variable. I’m not sure if bot_wtc has anything to do with it (unless it somehow assumes that override forms are in use).

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#27 2020-09-26 16:50:52

GugUser

You are great, yes, that helps. Many, many thanks.

#28 2020-09-26 16:53:00

jakob
Admin
Website

Bloke wrote #326109:

Crap. This might be a core bug. Just out of curiosity, does it go away if you visit Preferences and toggle Allow form override? to Yes?

Would be good to know, but it could also be bot_wtc. Textpattern’s own textpattern.js has evolved over the years whereas bot_wtc uses good ‘ol jQuery detection as it always did. All I’ve done is update the selectors so it could no longer be in sync with what txp is using (the selector in question and the jQuery code insertion). If it’s jumping in and colliding with txp, maybe it can be made to wait its turn?

As regards the two differences between the sites, maybe it helps to take a dump of each installation to your local computer and then run a diff on the folders to determine if there are any differences in the actual core files. If you’re on the newer txp version, the plugins directory should also contain the plugin code as text files and you can do a diff on that folder too, to determine whether the plugin code differs at all. Another thing you could look at is any differences between the bot_wtc re-arranging you are doing on each site. If there’s a difference there, you might be able to try out whether a particular instruction is causing it to trip on one site but not on the other.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#29 2020-09-26 16:54:10

jakob
Admin
Website

GugUser wrote #326110:

You are great, yes, that helps. Many, many thanks.

Cool! Maybe that makes further investigations unnecessary.

@bloke: can you explain why that might have an effect?

#30 2020-09-26 16:58:26

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jakob wrote #326112:

@bloke: can you explain why that might have an effect?

Because the JavaScript incorrectly assumed that the variable allForms (added by the Write panel code) exists and tries to inspect it when you change Section dropdown. When it couldn’t find it, crying ensued.

Fixed in upcoming 4.8.4.

Sorry for the issue.

Last edited by Bloke (2020-09-26 17:01:47)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#31 2020-09-26 17:00:47

GugUser

jakob wrote #326111:

As regards the two differences between the sites, maybe it helps to take a dump of each installation to your local computer and then run a diff on the folders to determine if there are any differences in the actual core files. If you’re on the newer txp version, the plugins directory should also contain the plugin code as text files and you can do a diff on that folder too, to determine whether the plugin code differs at all. Another thing you could look at is any differences between the bot_wtc re-arranging you are doing on each site. If there’s a difference there, you might be able to try out whether a particular instruction is causing it to trip on one site but not on the other.

All compared versions are the same, from the same source, Textpattern 4.8.3 and bot_write_tab_customize_v8.0 (Julian Reisenberger), on PHP 7.4.10. The only difference: different providers, possibly with different internal server configurations.

#32 2020-09-26 17:04:09

jakob
Admin
Website

Megafast patch there! 👍 And thanks for continuing to ask GugUser.

#33 2020-09-26 17:24:28

GugUser

Many thanks to both of you!

I discovered a difference in the different installations. All the ones where it works have “Allow form override” on. This seems to be the default. I can’t explain why it wasn’t the same with the other two.

#34 2020-11-15 14:04:29

peterj

This plugin is magical but complex in its workings. I have found a couple of ways to get into trouble with it (bot_wtc v8, txp 4.8.0, PHP 7.3)

- saving changes on the bot_wtc tab can (sometimes) trigger mod_sec (as noted by others)
- By default a glz_custom_field textarea displays within the main-content div. I think this altered a few versions ago(?). If you ask bot_wtc to shift a glz textarea back into the custom fields group, the textarea disappears on async save. It sounds similar to the “known bugs” in the intro post. You need to reload to see it again.

Last edited by peterj (2020-11-15 14:08:00)

#35 2020-11-22 21:32:33

GugUser

I have a strange problem with bot_wtc v8, Textpattern v4.8.3. I am changing the content and teh organisation of a website. I added new sections, deleted other and updated articles. A normal procedure. So I wanted to reorganise in bot_wtc which custom fields are visible for which section. This worked as expected in the beginning, but suddenly a change was not saved anymore, and instead of staying on the bot_wtc page, the view changed to the standard interface panel.

All my attempts to finish the work failed because the last change was not saved.

The database seems to be ok.

So I uninstalled the bot_wtc plugin and reinstalled it. Again I organized the 20 custom fields in bot_wtc. After 14 fields the error appeared again and I could not finish the process.

Several times I uninstalled the Plugin and installed it again, several times I organized the custom fields, in changing orders, but again and again I came to the point where the changes made were not saved.
I do not understand what is going on. In several other installations (Textpattern v4.8.3) bot_wtc v8 has worked fine until now.

#36 2020-11-24 04:26:09

GugUser

Yes, I have a strange problem with bot_wtc v8, Textpattern v4.8.3…

GugUser wrote #326981:

I have a strange problem with bot_wtc v8, Textpattern v4.8.3. I am changing the content and teh organisation of a website. I added new sections, deleted other and updated articles. A normal procedure. So I wanted to reorganise in bot_wtc which custom fields are visible for which section. This worked as expected in the beginning, but suddenly a change was not saved anymore, and instead of staying on the bot_wtc page, the view changed to the standard interface panel.

All my attempts to finish the work failed because the last change was not saved.

The database seems to be ok.

So I uninstalled the bot_wtc plugin and reinstalled it. Again I organized the 20 custom fields in bot_wtc. After 14 fields the error appeared again and I could not finish the process.

Several times I uninstalled the Plugin and installed it again, several times I organized the custom fields, in changing orders, but again and again I came to the point where the changes made were not saved.
I do not understand what is going on. In several other installations (Textpattern v4.8.3) bot_wtc v8 has worked fine until now.

Board footer