Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-03-07 06:33:03

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Plugin help panel - weird behavior with position: sticky

(this not really a bug -at least I don’t think it is; tossing it out here to see if anyone has a possible workaround… Right now I’m short on clean solutions)

For my Sandspace theme I have currently set the TOC box to position:sticky. Nice. The TOC is always accessible no matter how long the content pane is. However, there is a little side effect.

Take for example the Com Connect plugin. Some of its sections are quite long (“Usage”, “Tags”, “Advance examples”,…). It you select one of those sections and scroll down more than one screen, then switch to another longish section, that section will open midway into the section or towards the bottom, depending on the previous scroll position.

OK, that is kinda normal, as the JQUI script doesn’t reflow the page, it only toggles the visibility (display:none / display:block) of the selected section, within the scroll box (viewport / body). The content is replaced but the scroll position is not changed.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#2 2018-03-10 01:10:13

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Plugin help panel - weird behavior with position: sticky

Actually, Hive – which does not set the TOC box to position: sticky – suffers from the same issue, when one toggle between two longer sections.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

Board footer