Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2017-11-10 06:04:52

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Change in the way (some) PHP warnings are handled ?

I noticed an image upload issue with smd_thumbnails active: when uploading 2 (small) images, I got multiple JS alerts (one for each active profile). The actual image upload was successful, however the smd_thumb image(s) were not created. When I next went to the image edit panel and try to generate the images, it failed (same debug stuff, but in-window now).

see the full text of the alert below

This changed over the last six days somewhere – it might be related to the latest changes related to messaging.

The interesting ‘thing’ here (to me) is that the request (create thumbnail images) is now blocked, whereas previously it was executed despite the warning.

see also https://github.com/Bloke/smd_thumbnail/issues/9

And fwiw, it is a permission issue – the parent folder images is set to 777, but the subfolders created by smd_thumbnails are set (by the plugin) to 755. Once corrected the issue disappears.

Warning "imagejpeg(/Users/username/Sites/_txptest2/images/default-thumb/61.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied"

in /Users/username/Sites/_txptest2/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php at line 442.
adminErrorHandler()
textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php:442 imagejpeg()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1835) : eval()'d code:389 wet_thumb->write()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1835) : eval()'d code:441 smd_thumb->write_image()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1835) : eval()'d code:629 smd_thumb_make()
smd_thumb_edit()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:1948 call_user_func_array()
callback_event()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:2143 call_user_func_array()
textpattern/include/txp_image.php:650 pluggable_ui()

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#2 2017-11-10 09:00:24

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Change in the way (some) PHP warnings are handled ?

phiw13 wrote #307758:

This changed over the last six days somewhere – it might be related to the latest changes related to messaging.

And fwiw, it is a permission issue – the parent folder images is set to 777, but the subfolders created by smd_thumbnails are set (by the plugin) to 755. Once corrected the issue disappears.

Messaging changes do not concern the server-side, I don’t see how it could be related. Image uploads — maybe, needs investigation.

Board footer