Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2017-09-22 18:02:29

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

Re: WYSIWYG writing

etc wrote #307192:

We would need to hire a talented profit-oriented volunteer who accepts to work for free… pas gagné.

No, I just meant that with a modest audience and without potential profits around, ‘celebrity’ is hard to gain. People do not have enough interest in helping developping features in the core or as plugins, not even third parties. The team is quite good but you are just a few…

Personally, I am not interested in WYSIWYG editors (and have no clients), but if there is a strong claim for it, nothing is impossible.

I know nothing is impossible with you!

Last edited by NicolasGraph (2017-09-22 18:06:24)

Nicolas
Follow me on Twitter and GitHub!
Multiple edits are usually to correct my frenglish…

#14 2017-10-25 10:56:55

Destry
Website

Re: WYSIWYG writing

netgeezer wrote #307058:

Aaah – this is specifically out of the question. I very DEFINITELY want to SEE the bold, italics etc. when writing!!

Just to cover all the core basics, you could use the Preview feature (tab at top of Write panel) to see Textile formatting rendered. You’d simply have to click back and forth between the Text/Preview tabs as you go, but if you’re only talking about bold, italic, and a few links, you’ll learn the syntax for that in 3 minutes or less and not need the Preview tab again. You seem to be doing bold just fine here. ;)

And Simon (forget his username) has offered a plugin to interested players that colorizes/formats your text in relation to the Textile added, just like iA Writer does with Markdown, or MarkdownPad (for Windows) does. In this case you get both, the visual formatting and the syntax that makes it happen. I think the only problem for people about that plugin was the helper script that made it work; made from too exotic of spice, or something. Unfortunately, I can’t remember the name of the plugin, but it’s around somewhere.

Board footer