Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2017-03-20 17:38:19

sgw

Re: newbie issues (?) - what is wrong with my forms?

well, thanks for the pointers, didn’t get that working yet. And yes, brain hurts!! ;-)
I will give that another try some times maybe. For now the site works well enough IMO.
Got to get to updating content as well.

#38 2017-04-06 15:59:45

sgw

I now return to this thread as I simply face the problem that I can’t add new content (or at least it doesn’t get displayed!).

What I did:

opened Rendition called “Talks: Linuxtage Graz 2016”, and created a copy (yab_copy_to_new 0.2).
Edited copy (to 2017 etc), switched to “Live” …

2016 : works

2017 : 404 not found

compared Status, Section, Category … deleted/edited user-defined URL … no success!

pls advise, I hope it’s a minor issue.

#39 2017-04-07 12:17:01

uli

You don’t need yab_copy_to_new on 4.6.2, there’s an onboard link for duplicating articles in the Write pane, on top of the right column (similar function in the Articles pane). In case you really used the plugin it’s most likely something didn’t work and results in the 404.

Things you could check:
  • If you used that built-in “Duplicate” link: Is the article really there? (With MLP you have a plugin that might easily give sone unexpected results on untested coincidences).
  • Does the 404 result from a faulty use of MLP (wrong section, wrong language, … whatever, I’m not MLP-savvy).
  • Does the page appear when you deactivate all plugins?
  • Does duplicating work with all plugins deactivated?
  • What happens when you copy the contents from the 2017 user-defined URL field (Write pane) and paste it into an opened 2016 article’s URL field (public facing side) replacing the 2016 part of the URL?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#40 2017-04-08 07:55:54

sgw

removed yab_copy….
removed copied article, started again, used internal copy function.
Copying a german article results in an english one, “cloned” that to german via MLP, rm-ed “english” version.

preview of article works, in “live” status -> 404

disabled l10n/MLP, more blog entries visible, including the copied one.
checked section/category/language.

I think I will keep the site in german only for now.

#41 2017-04-08 11:47:42

uli

sgw wrote #305266:

preview of article works, in “live” status -> 404

disabled l10n/MLP

The way I understand it is, the problem is there with MLP enabled (and probably caused by MLP). You’d report it in that topic, might get fixed there, or spur some ideas.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer