Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2017-03-17 08:49:31

sgw

newbie issues (?) - what is wrong with my forms?

I recently updated to txp 4.6.2 and while getting MLP working I noticed various errors in debugging mode.
I would really like to understand and solve these issues.

For example I get (http://www.oops.co.at, in debug mode right now):

Tag error: <txp:article_custom category=“Intro” limit=“1” status=“sticky” form=“no_title” /> -> Notice: Undefined index: description while parsing form None on page default

in another thread I was told to look up the form “no_title” then, it only contains:

<txp:body />

What is wrong about that, please? Could someone help out here?

#2 2017-03-17 09:15:09

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: newbie issues (?) - what is wrong with my forms?

Hi,

it looks like the update script has not (properly) run. If you can access the db, check the value of the pref named version in txp_prefs table and set it to your previous version (4.5.7?). Then visit the admin side, it should take you to Languages page. Then report back :-)

#3 2017-03-17 09:20:50

sgw

updated txp_prefs as mentioned, on Languages page now.

#4 2017-03-17 09:41:14

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Hope you can leave it now… Have you uploaded the whole textpattern/update folder? There should be _to_4.6.0.php file therein.

#5 2017-03-17 09:47:31

sgw

I can leave, yes. Uploaded full update-folder, yes, _to_4.6.0.php is there.
Should there be a change already?

Still: “Tag error: <txp:article_custom category=“Intro” limit=“1” status=“sticky” form=“no_title” /> -> Notice: Undefined index: description while parsing form None on page default” :-(

#6 2017-03-17 09:53:48

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Yes, there should be a change, unless txp has insufficient db rights. Is there description field in your textpattern table now?

#7 2017-03-17 10:03:16

sgw

txp can write to the db, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to edit prefs via gui etc, right?
Redid “GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES”, redid editing version.

yes, description field is there.

strange stuff, I also get a white page at “Renditions” etc

#8 2017-03-17 10:07:45

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

sgw wrote #304836:

txp can write to the db, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to edit prefs via gui etc, right?

It could have Data, but not Structure privileges, for example. But, since

yes, description field is there.

it looks ok.

strange stuff, I also get a white page at “Renditions” etc

What if you disable all plugins?

#9 2017-03-17 10:16:11

sgw

disabling MLP also removes “Renditions” ;-)
Surprisingly now my edited Status-text comes up at the first page (didn’t manage to get that working with MLP active).

with everything disabled I obviously get “Fehler im Tag: <txp:l10n_get_lang/> -> “ , sure.
But NOT the mentioned “Tag error: <txp:article_custom category=“Intro” limit=“1” status=“sticky” form=“no_title” /> -> Notice: Undefined index: description while parsing form None on page default”

this one comes up only with MLP activated (and gbp_admin_library).

gbp_admin_library 4.6.2.20170310
l10n 4.6.2.20170316 … both installed yesterday

#10 2017-03-17 10:21:50

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

It sounds like MLP doesn’t have the ‘description’ field. If you’re using spiridon’s version, it should be there because it uses a View. If you’re using my old version, then there’s every possibility the description field is either missing or in the wrong place in the rendition tables. If you installed mine first and then upgraded to spiridon’s, that might be the issue because my version will have put the description field in the wrong column positions (or missed it entirely).

Do you have any l10n_* table(s) and do they have description fields in them? If not, add them: in exactly the same column position as they are in the textpattern table. If you only have a View per language (MySQL will show you which you have) then again, check it has a description column. If not you might have to drop the view and recreate it.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#11 2017-03-17 10:34:09

sgw

I use spiridons version, with yesterday’s release.
Both l10n_txp_en_gb and l10n_txp_de_de miss the description field, correct!
Pls advise on how to create that in the “same position” … thanks

EDIT:

in “textpattern” the description field is between “Keywords” and “url_title”, is there a cool SQL-statement to add that to the other 2 tables as well?

Last edited by sgw (2017-03-17 10:46:47)

#12 2017-03-17 10:55:32

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

sgw wrote #304842:

Pls advise on how to create that in the “same position”… in “textpattern” the description field is between “Keywords” and “url_title”

That’s the position it needs to be in the MLP tables too. But as to how it’s done, I don’t know because I’ve not run spiridon’s version yet on my system. Two options:

• If they’re real tables, then use phpMyAdmin (or equivalent) to find out the field properties of the description field in the textpattern table. e.g. its type (VARCHAR), its size, its default value, etc. Then go to the lang tables and use the GUI to add a column after Keywords with the same properties. Save and hope.
  • If the lang tables are views then that’s out of my depth at the moment until such time as I can run the new version and inspect it, sorry. I wouldn’t want to advise you to do anything and find it irreversibly broke or you lost content.

P.S. backup the database first, whatever you do :-)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer