Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2016-08-10 15:18:34

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: “Collapse all” button on Pages / Forms / Write panels

Bloke wrote #300590:

Another possibility is to move the expand/collapse links below the Sort and display block.

Phil’s kindly mocked this up. Thoughts anyone?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#22 2016-08-10 16:05:26

maverick
Website

I like the mock up. Though as (I think) I’ve mentioned once or twice over the years, I’d like the sort & display to be collapsible as well. (I understand Phil’s rational on why he thinks it should always be visible. Even so, my preference is to collapsible it.)

I had a couple of thoughts when seeing the mock up:

1. Related to the question – my thought was “what if we went with a slide out menu instead?” There are times I really prefer to just write. The idea of no screen space surrendered to settings has long been a desire of mine. With the new layout, a slide out settings menu would work well and achieve a win-win.
  2. Unrelated to the menu collapse: One of my first thoughts – what is view and how is it different from preview. I know, but had to think about it. It’s not intuitive.

Last edited by maverick (2016-08-10 16:08:18)

#23 2016-08-10 16:07:36

philwareham
Core designer
Website

A slide out menu would not work with what we have planned for the Write page in future (moveable fields).

Board footer