Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#217 2005-05-02 04:31:47

Jeremie
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_suparchive - article archive list

Wilshire, you’re the man ! Thanks !

I have one request (:p) : with suparchive_bycat, would it be possible to set an attribute to not display an article if is already present somewhere else, giving cat1 the priority ?

I use the plugin for my article’s section frontpage, and it can be strange to have an article displayed twice.

But only if in the whole scope, the article is there more than once. Example: article Boxer has Sport’s car as cat1, and Porche as Cat2. If both these categories are displayed, it will appear only under the cat1 (Sport’s Car) division. But if I click on the Porche category link, then the article will be listed under it because in the new whole scope, it only appear here.

I’m not sure if I’m clear…

Edit : I lied.. I have another request :) Could you add a sortby attribute for the _bycat, with more options ? To sort by title’s name, posted date (both in asc or desc) and random ?

And I have a question… the category header link to ?c=, do you plan to use the clean url category scheme, and the category section sensitive scheme, when Zem will sort these out ?

In the meantime, is it possible to turn off the the category header link ?

Last edited by Jeremie (2005-05-02 05:26:43)

#218 2005-05-02 12:42:17

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Jeremie – I think what you’re trying to do would have to be accomplished through your own content organization and the way you display your articles. I don’t ever see this plugin listing articles using grouping of subcategories under parent categories. As far as the other things you mentioned, they’d all have to be additions but it will likely be a while before the next version.

#219 2005-05-02 15:21:50

amobea

tried the fix but it didn’t do anything.. i’m only using superarchive in one place though so i just changed the default

#220 2005-05-10 14:33:06

ifeelcool.com
Website

Wilshire, i am using rss_superarchive_menu to display links to my archive. First of all, posted articles are placed in the “artikelen” section. But when i click a link to the archive it displays all articles in the “artikelen” section! I use the following line of code: <txp:rss_superarchive_menu mode=“MONTH” section=“artikelen” />
This gives me the following link /artikelen/2005/02 this doesn’t display only article from february 2005, but all the articles in the section!!
I am using clean URL Mode,section/id/title. Current version Textpattern 1.0rc3.

With rss_superarchive_menu it is possible to display listing of articles in “may 2005(8)” format and specify a linktosection to display the result for the clicked link. Example: linktosection is “archive” and section is “artikelen” How do i get to display in section archive(linktosection) the articles from section(arikelen) for the specified month and year?

#221 2005-05-10 16:36:12

jakob
Admin
Website

hallo rob,

am now using your 0.15 release with your code instead of my modification but the problem I mentioned above still remains:

With timeframe=

Last edited by jakob (2005-05-10 19:25:02)

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#222 2005-05-10 20:41:33

krisbell
Website

I’ll third the request for the ability to sort by title for rss_suparchive_bycat.

I’m trying to automate the posting of a quarterly newsletter for a client, and as we use make a new category for each newsetter, we make heavy use of this plug-in . . . but I need the newsletter articles to go in descending order alphabetically by category title, since I want 2005 above 2004. It’s obvious why when you look here:

http://nwcatholiccounseling.org/newsletter

Honestly, though: I don’t know if I’d be using Textpattern for as many projects as I am if it weren’t for the suprarchive plugin.

I do what I can . . .

#223 2005-05-11 03:30:01

johnsee
Website

I can’t get rss_suparchive installed. Could it possibly be that I’m still using v.19 and this plugin only installs on the RC3??
And yes, I’m a goofball for not upgrading to RC3 but I’m kinda tight on my time at the moment.

#224 2005-05-11 08:45:06

jakob
Admin
Website

johnsee: there’s an older version of the plugin available for earlier txp installations. I think its v0.8 but its mentioned earlier in the thread

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#225 2005-05-11 08:52:17

johnsee
Website

gee..I think Rob has updated his plugin page with the latest one (that’s the normal practice, no?) No trace of older versions. I mailed Rob but didn’t seem to get any replies. On holiday perhaps.

Anyone out there who happened to have the older version then?

#226 2005-05-11 14:35:03

soulship
Website

johnsee wrote:

gee..I think Rob has updated his plugin page with the latest one (that’s the normal practice, no?) No trace of older versions. I mailed Rob but didn’t seem to get any replies. On holiday perhaps.

Anyone out there who happened to have the older version then?

I have it and could e-mail it, but I see you don’t have an email listed.

#227 2005-05-12 07:13:14

johnsee
Website

> soulship wrote:
> I have it and could e-mail it, but I see you don’t have an email listed.

Oh yes, I’m usually careful with displaying my e-mail (probably over-sensitive about it anyway). Since the form option doesn’t allow attachments, I’ve mailed you my email instead. Check and see if you got it.

Thanks, bud! Never knew if anyone would still keep it.
Is this version for TXP v19 ?

;)

#228 2005-05-12 16:11:00

krisbell
Website

At the very least, version 0.14 is still up (you just have to hack the URL): http://www.wilshireone.com/txp/downloads/rss_suparchive-0.14.php

I do what I can . . .

Board footer