Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-10-27 11:17:57

Reginleif

List of official plugins?

I’m looking at the screenshot of the plugin page at http://www.textpattern.com/screenshots/?s=pluginlist

The Google highlight, recent comments, related articles, and recent articles would be nice to have, but the forum has so much information in it and not all the plugins show up in the sticky post… where can I find these? Or is that screenshot just for illustrative purposes and they don’t really exist? I’ve used the search function to no avail… I get tons of posts and some of them don’t even seem to be relevant to my search. :(

I want very badly to move from WordPress but Textpattern is looking quite daunting so far. :( I’m hoping to be able to replicate all the functionality I currently have with my WP install with TXP and some plugins. One that appears to be missing is a good Amazon plugin like Rich Manalang’s WP-Amazon (http://manalang.com/archives/2004/06/23/wordpress-plugin-wp-amazon)

Also, it would be nice to have a comment “whitelisting” plugin. Do either of these exist?

#2 2004-10-27 15:02:03

hafnius
Archived Plugin Author

Re: List of official plugins?

The search function ini the forum is not very good. What i do when i want to do a search for something i use Google with the word “Textpattern” in front of what i want to find.

For the Amazon plugin i would search for Textpattern amazon plugin

and you can do the same with the other plugin you were looking for.

There is not yet a complete up to date list of plugins exxcept the central plugins list at this forum.
/Hafnius

– Nobody puts Baby in the corner !
Johnny Castle, Dirty Dancing

#3 2004-10-27 20:34:28

Method

Nobody’s adding to the list anymore. Would people like a wiki page to update, or a whole wiki?

http://stupididea.com/mediawiki/index.php/Textpattern_Plugin_List

#4 2004-10-27 20:56:25

Remillard
Plugin Author

I like the wiki idea for the same reason I was in support of the Central Plugin List after I created that initla start on a plugin list. However it suffers from the same issue though. If folks aren’t updating the Central Plugin List now, why would they keep a wiki updated as well?

Still a wiki would at the very least permit some better formatting, so I like the idea. If the TXP Dev wiki were still up and running (bloody graffiti artists!) that would be the ideal place.

Regards,
Remillard

#5 2004-10-27 22:06:28

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

With a wiki, if the author forgot/chose not to update the wiki entry for one of their plugins, someone else could. The central list doesn’t offer that.

#6 2004-10-27 22:16:01

Remillard
Plugin Author

Very true, and a good point. I’m all in favor of a wiki.

#7 2004-10-28 01:01:38

hafnius
Archived Plugin Author

A wiki is a very good idea but there is the spam issue. Some kind of login to contribute maybe. Otherwise i fear it will be floooded by funny persons wrting alot of links.
/Hafnius

– Nobody puts Baby in the corner !
Johnny Castle, Dirty Dancing

#8 2004-10-28 01:50:35

Reginleif

Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate it. I will try the Google route and do hope to see a Wiki or an updated centralized list somewhere soon!

Board footer