Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-01-21 21:13:55

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Textpattern plugin archive - requests, offers and updates

This thread relates to the Textpattern plugin archive on GitHub

Requests for plugins, offers of outstanding plugins and updates notifications should be posted here.

#2 2015-01-21 23:08:39

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Textpattern plugin archive - requests, offers and updates

Version control system isn’t proper place for just storing binary downloads, and in my opinion each plugin should be in it’s own repository. Looking the GitHub web GUI, the source PHP files also seem malformed and such can not even be compiled with the CLI compiler.

#3 2015-01-22 09:26:44

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Gocom wrote #287622:

Version control system isn’t proper place for just storing binary downloads, and in my opinion each plugin should be in it’s own repository. Looking the GitHub web GUI, the source PHP files also seem malformed and such can not even be compiled with the CLI compiler.

I agree it’s not the ideal place for a bunch of plugins, and yes – each ideally every plugin should have its own repository, maintained and updated by the developer or an approved party, but that’s not happening right now.

Some former Textpattern-ers have left the fold without any provision made for their plugins, some of which are still valid and useful; many aren’t, of course, and may only working on older versions. I’m not saying this should be the primary place to check, absolutely not – but it should be a good place to check if version N of plugin X is not readily available from said developer directly, or not available from textpattern.org – a website that, sadly, the Textpattern team don’t have full ownership of.

Edit: thanks very much for the heads-up on the decoded formatting – I will fix that today. I did a straight base64 decode on the plugin text, I’ll use Textpattern to decode instead.

Last edited by gaekwad (2015-01-22 09:28:14)

#4 2015-01-22 09:47:27

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi Jukka

Just noticed that your website is not working. I hope that we will not lose access to your plugins

Pete

I was wondering if we could use Jukka’s plugin (which lists plugin versions… I forgot the name now) in the .org site. It is good if a central repository existed where all available versions of the plugins are accessible for download.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#5 2015-01-22 09:57:10

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

colak wrote #287639:

I was wondering if we could use Jukka’s plugin (which lists plugin versions… I forgot the name now) in the .org site. It is good if a central repository existed where all available versions of the plugins are accessible for download.

If someone who has access to .org can set that up, fantastic. I’m not out to steal any clicks or visitors, I’m just trying to collate things before bit rot takes over.

#6 2015-01-23 07:54:13

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

colak wrote #287639:

Just noticed that your website is not working.

That’s just a domain verification that is pending. I’ve done it now, thanks for the heads up; haven’t read email in a long time.

I hope that we will not lose access to your plugins

Even if my site were gone, the plugin’s wouldn’t; the plugins themselves versioned with git, and source repositories and compiled installers are available on GitHub, That website is merely a manually updated mirror (outdated too I believe, missing some updates as I’m too lazy to login to it) running on top of Textpattern.

which lists plugin versions

Not sure what you mean. I don’t maintain that type of plugin. If you mean my site’s version lists, that is just a generated list of files in a specific directory.

#7 2015-01-24 03:48:34

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Gocom wrote #287666:

Not sure what you mean. I don’t maintain that type of plugin. If you mean my site’s version lists, that is just a generated list of files in a specific directory.

Maybe it was not yours… I seem to remember of a plugin which could save the versions of a plugin and them make them available for download on the front end.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#8 2015-01-26 17:11:36

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

rah_plugin_download

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

Board footer