Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-01-12 14:33:59

Destry
Website

textpattern.com, etc.

Over a year ago, or more, there was this talk of redoing the .com website.

And there was talk of CSS/HMTL changes to TXP Mag. (The editor’s been locked out of any “hands-on” change.)

And some talk about the wiki docs being migrated to some other platform too…. Status? Who knows. Who’d in charge of that?

So, personally, I’ve pretty much faded from knowing WTF is even current in this project, or, more importantly what the “Team Textpattern” goals for this project are.

Any general comments welcome.

#2 2015-01-12 16:23:00

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: textpattern.com, etc.

These are creeping along slowly, see here and here and here.

Notice any pattern there? Yeah, it’s just me committing on these, and then only when I have spare time, which I don’t have a lot of.

Basically, until I know if Jukka is going to reappear, then I don’t really have much compulsion to slog away on this.

#3 2015-01-13 20:53:20

towndock
Website

philwareham wrote #287306:

Basically, until I know if Jukka is going to reappear, then I don’t really have much compulsion to slog away on this.

Yikes. Are Textpattern Devs in touch enough to know that Jukka is OK?

#4 2015-01-14 19:14:25

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

towndock wrote #287341:

Yikes. Are Textpattern Devs in touch enough to know that Jukka is OK?

I’m just fine and still here, planning on writing code for Textpattern in the future.

#5 2015-01-14 20:12:17

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Gocom wrote #287388:

I’m just fine and still here, planning on writing code for Textpattern in the future.

Yay! Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

#6 2015-01-14 21:56:34

jakob
Admin
Website

philwareham wrote #287393:

Yay! Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Echo that! Glad to see you around again!

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#7 2015-01-16 00:03:27

towndock
Website

More Yay! Thanks Jukka…

#8 2015-01-19 00:05:24

Destry
Website

I’m not sure why I put this under the Core Development forum (sorry), but feel free to move it to the Textpattern Sites forum, if you want to.

And I’m glad for the favorable response from Jukka, because the “slog away” response from you, Phil, had me wondering about Txp development harmony.

I’m curious, though, and this is not meant to be antagonistic, but why is the design work so dependent on Jukka? (That’s the impression I have from this thread.) Specifically, what is it about the .com redesign that depends on Jukka, if at all?

Mind you, I don’t really live and breath github (and believe it or not, a lot of people don’t), so your links aren’t really telling me much.

Your “brand” work, as I remember it once upon a time, originally focused on .com — a reasonable place to start — and later folded in all family sites too (also understandable, to a degree). But it seems to have creeped in scope again to include a platform change (docs) and, apparently, making it all happen at once. Wouldn’t it make sense to go back to being a little more pragmatic in approach and get the .com site done first? I mean, I know how I would answer that question, considering the grand scheme of things, but just curious what the inside take is.

If you’re on hold until Jukka comes around, there’s always a logo that could help marketing efforts for a benevolent web host. Not that I think you have nothing else to do.

Board footer