Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-08-16 02:21:06

Vitruvius
Plugin Author

Our new site: SRH - an evolution through TXP

We’ve just finished the latest iteration of our site http://www.srh.com.au.

The site has been driven by Textpattern since rc1 – what an awesome, super flexible CMS :)

My colleague couldn’t believe that a completely new look to the site could be achieved so seamlessly, with existing article content flowing perfectly into a new template.

Anyway, just wanted to say, thanks to the devs & community. Version 4.5 is a dream to use.

Thanks

SH

Last edited by Vitruvius (2013-08-16 02:21:31)

#2 2013-08-16 07:02:19

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Our new site: SRH - an evolution through TXP

Looks very nice, and the videos really speak quality.

You should to make the videos responsive though, the rest of the site already is.

#3 2013-08-16 08:16:18

RedFox
Website

Nice. But I would suggest to do some experiments with subtle background patterns because I think there’s to much white(space) … especially with the lay-out on wide screens.

#4 2013-08-16 10:40:09

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Sorry I disagree with Joop on that, keep the white space. White space is a good.

#5 2013-08-16 10:52:46

uli

A pleasure to look at!

Just a head up on lack of white space ;) Below 900px the gutter is (almost) gone, one might read “Let us help you contact us”.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#6 2013-08-17 10:19:32

jstubbs
Website

Thats a very nice site, congratulations. Lovely. I agree with Phil about whitespace, but also (if you don’t mind comments) would agree with Joop in a certain way – there is a lack of contrast after the splash of colour with that lovely image up top. For me, I think its the greyscale client icons that are a bit bland.

Lovely though. Wonderful work with the video.

#7 2013-08-17 22:03:13

joebaich
Website

Really a very lovely site so what follows is minor nit picking

I’m sure Joop means bland white whitespace. I’m torn over over it and would have tried one or two of the subtlest of background textures. The main issue I would want to deal with is the pure white on the periphery of the video thumbnails like the Green Cities 2012 one on the home page and the video still on the corresponding article page at http://srh.com.au/work/green-cities-2012

There is a wee glitch in the CSS, I think, associated with the first paragraph under the videos, other than the one on the home page e.g. http://srh.com.au/work/transformative-series. There is a h1 tag mixed in there someplace. The text color is the same as the h1 header on the home page but the text size is the same as the same as the subsequent paragraphs (16px) and so it looks a little odd and unbalanced to me.

Board footer