Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-05-08 06:40:23

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

link_rel in thumbnail bug

There seems to be a bug with the link_rel attribute for thumbnail. Please do check out this post and the responses thereafter

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2013-05-08 08:24:49

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: link_rel in thumbnail bug

colak wrote:

There seems to be a bug with the link_rel attribute for thumbnail

Interesting. The single quotes around the attribute have been there since it was introduced in 4.0.6. At that time, the HTML title attribute was also added to the output if link was used, and was also given single quotes.

Quite why it’s done that way I have no idea. I suspect it should be changed to be double-quoted: it’s an easy fix, especially from 4.6.0 onward where we have some nice attribute sanitization functions courtesy of Jukka.

In theory though, HTML 5 shouldn’t care which quotes are used, and our txpspecialchars() function should quote both single and double quoted strings safely. It must be that Fancybox itself hooks into the DOM and expects a particular quote style to be used on that attribute.

If nobody chimes in with any obvious reasons why it shouldn’t be double quoted I’ll change it for the next release.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer