Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-12-13 15:57:56

merz1
Website

[wiki] TXP core fields and check via if_custom_field name=""

Documentation needs enhancement(s) regarding TXP core fields which can be checked via if_custom_field name="list of TXP core fields".

www.textpattern.net/wiki/index.php?title=if_custom_field

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#2 2012-12-13 19:30:33

uli

Re: [wiki] TXP core fields and check via if_custom_field name=""

Do you mean like this here?

I was close to adding this possibility to the wiki but remember I found statements of Stef and Jukka saying that it mustn’t of necessity remain like it is now.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2012-12-13 20:22:15

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

It’s an undocumented feature primarily because it’s a side-effect of not enforcing a strict check against custom_N. But as it stands, it’s very very very very very very handy to be able to test and access the content of other article fields so I would be loathe to remove the ‘feature’ unless we have something to officially replace it.

Whether the side-effect is documented on the wiki is probably a decision we should take sometime. Potentially any field in $thisarticle is accessible, but documenting the exhaustive list may well confuse people more than just not mentioning it at all. Jury’s out (still).

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2012-12-14 20:53:59

merz1
Website

Thanks Uli & Stef

IMHO there must be a formal wiki way to document such undocumented features. Give such ‘specialities’ an extra link or an extra paragraph and add some hard wired warning(s) on top like Supported in TXP until version x.y.z. May be deprecated in the future because of stricter internal checks.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#5 2012-12-15 06:49:39

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Off the subject but still on custom_fields. Shouldn’t there be an example of the pattern attribute in the txb?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer