Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-11-27 13:33:55

tom1

[request] oAuth login plugin

I have few customers who use Google Apps for email and such, and have website running on TXP ( not hosted at Google ). I realized that it would be neat if users could automaticly login to txp if they have been logged in their mail already.

I posted this to Plugin requests, but might even do it myself when i get time. All ideas and thoughts are more than welcome!

#2 2012-11-27 18:32:23

whaleen
Website

Re: [request] oAuth login plugin

A full hybridauth integration would be my suggestion. It would mean an additional database table perhaps called authentications in your database and a plugin to handle forcing a native TXP registration and or login in the background during “registrations”, and “authentications”.

As far as I’ve been able to theorize, the TXP plugin would need to:

1. Take registration and authentication details via a hybridauth provider (Google in this instance) and create a user row in the txp_user table as well as the authentications table and link them with a shared reference of some kind (ala smd_bio).
  2. Simultaneously run a script to login them in the TXP way (password required).

The plugin would need to hold the power to log the user in with their TXP password, whether or not they know the password.

That’s about all I think I know. If you are good with PHP and the rest of it perhaps you could make better sense of hybridauth than I could.

I’d love to hear what you think of this idea and hope some others have some input. oAuth for TXP has been on my big back burner for some time.

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

#3 2013-01-28 22:33:45

whaleen
Website

Re: [request] oAuth login plugin

Bump. I’m trying to start a fire over here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/111366418300163664690

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

Board footer