Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-08-13 07:53:59

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

add link_to field attribute in image tag

Although it is currently possible to have linked images using the name field for example, i think that a link_to field would make the interface much cleaner.

the tag could become something like <txp:image link_to="1" /> and it could be expanded to

<txp:variable name="linked" value='<txp:image_info type="link_to" />'>
<txp:if_variable name="linked" value="">
<txp:image />
<txp:else />
<txp:image link_to="1" />
</txp:variable>

I do not believe that the method can break existing sites and it will provide extra and semantic functionality

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2012-08-13 08:19:58

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: add link_to field attribute in image tag

This feature seems to be rather specific and limited. This is something which isn’t going to benefit large audience, and being just a single field is rather limited even at what it does. Which doesn’t make it a good core candidate.

After a custom field reconstruction it might potentially be possible to add custom fields to images and other types of content instead of them being reserved for articles. Custom fields could then be used for these cases and do serve the job better than using dedicated fields.

If you do want to niche extra fields to the image editor as of now, there are always plugins. Plugins can extend the editor and even add new fields and features. Even those that do not share big interest.

In short, I will have to give this feature suggestion -1.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-08-13 08:21:41)

#3 2012-08-13 08:49:31

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: add link_to field attribute in image tag

Gocom wrote:

After a custom field reconstruction it might potentially be possible to add custom fields to images and other types of content instead of them being reserved for articles. Custom fields could then be used for these cases and do serve the job better than using dedicated fields.

I would go with this one:)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer