Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-05-17 09:58:03

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Popup comments

I’ve had an issue raised on my Github repo for the new Txp4.5 default front-side theme – specifically for the lack of a form for popup comments.

I have to say, I’ve never used that feature, but I’ve checked the latest SVN build of Textpattern and it does seem to be a preference option. I’ve looked through the old 4.4.1 theme forms and the popup_comment form has a tag <txp:popup_comments /> which I can’t find a tag reference for in the wiki.

Is this still a current feature, and if so should I be providing a popup_comment form for it?

Thanks,
Phil

#2 2012-05-17 12:51:58

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Popup comments

I used this recently when putting the comment function in a modal box (rather than an actual popup) and for that it is still useful.

It is a bit of a weird one: if you look here you’ll see that it isn’t a real function (the function is actually popcomments() that matches the text string <txp:popup_comments /> and fetches the form popup_comments, all of which is hard-coded into the code. But you can rewrite the popup_comments form to use your own markup if you prefer.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2012-05-17 13:09:32

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Thanks for the info Jakob. I’ll have to turn that pref option on and give it a try out – I’m sure all will become much clearer after that.

#4 2012-05-17 15:23:52

jakob
Admin
Website

I think the standard version generates a popup. For the modal overlay version, which effectively loads it in an iframe, you need to hook it up with an7_comments.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#5 2012-05-17 15:58:01

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

I won’t be doing modals, no plugins or JavaScript allowed in this theme since it’s the one that will ship natively with Textpattern 4.5. Popup window is fine in this instance.

Cheers.

Board footer