Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-11-22 09:40:48

jfp
Website

moving to a new directory

I have followed this method for similar moving, from a folder to another one on same host (I’m at dreamhost):
http://textbook.textpattern.net/wiki/index.php?title=Moving_Installation_from_Subdirectory_to_Domain_Root_on_the_Same_Server

but strangely the images doesn’t display anymore on the full website,

— Even the images from other server (rss display with aks_rss/simplepie) such on this page:
http://zecraft.com/news/

— Even on textpattern/index.php?event=image
nothing is displayed.

But indeed the folder “images” is on the server. A htaccess configuration problem? Sound strange as its the by default htaccess file.
checked the image folder, still 755

Diagnostics report All checks passed!

I have several textpattern drived websites (from 2003) and compared; without found any main difference.

Any idea? Thanks :)

#2 2011-11-22 10:16:55

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Re: moving to a new directory

Salut jfp

Only to be clear: you have an install in a subdirectory rootdomain/dir1 and moved your site to rootdomain/dir2?

Have you checked your admin/pref tab to see if the image directory is set correctly?

Cheers (A+)

#3 2011-11-22 11:02:31

jfp
Website

@Dragondz

Thanks for your feedback.

Only to be clear: you have an install in a subdirectory rootdomain/dir1 and moved your site to rootdomain/dir2?

Yes. moved everything from rootdomain/dir1 to rootdomain/dir2

Just double checked this

Images are on http://zecraft.com/images folder and accordingly set by default on TX prefs
Checked again, its chmod 777

To me its an htaccess trouble or PHP thing? and I’m lost.

I also have compared two diagnostics results from two txp websites on same server and its pretty much the same. I can’t see how plugins can affect the images, as everything was perfect yesterday when on the original folder.

Server OS: Linux 2.6.32.8-grsec-2.1.14-modsign-xeon-64
Active plugins: zem_contact_lang-4.0.3.6, zem_contact_reborn-4.0.3.20, arc_popular_category_cloud-0.2, smd_slimbox-0.34, dru_random_image-0.1, chh_if_data-0.10, adi_title-0.1, fpx_image_import-0.4, rss_article_edit-0.1, glx_admin_image-2007.1, gbp_permanent_links-0.14.4, aks_rss-0.1.6a, smd_lib-0.36, gbp_admin_library-0.4.669
Admin-side theme: classic 4.4.1

#4 2011-11-22 13:43:49

jakob
Admin
Website

Hi jfp,

do you have some hot-linking protection in your images directory or have you perhaps specified the site_url differently, e.g. without www. For example:

Maybe it’s just a matter of setting your site_url in the prefs to http://www.zecraft.com?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#5 2011-11-22 15:09:18

jfp
Website

@Jakob,

Don’t have hot-linking protection, only by default the TXP htaccess file.

Thanks for the idea about www, I tried, but so far, its almost identical result.
(On Dreamhost, we can choose to keep it remove it or use all.)

The Safari console show 404 for images generally.

#6 2011-11-22 18:43:13

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

You don’t have ihu defined in your config.php do you?

from config-dist.php:

/**
	 *  optional, advanced: http address of the site serving images
	 *  @see http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=34493
	 */

# define('ihu', 'http://static.example.com/');

Edit: nevermind, I see now that the urls are right in the source.

Last edited by MattD (2011-11-22 18:46:00)

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#7 2011-11-22 19:01:08

jfp
Website

“Edit: nevermind, I see now that the urls are right in the source.”

:)

I filled out a request at Dreamhost few hours ago, its almost I think the only option left! :(

#8 2011-11-22 20:06:57

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

As Jakob suggested, there seem to be some sort of hot-linking protection going on – hot-link protection that isn’t working exactly correctly, and is blocking also requests referring to your own site.

If I request an image from your site with a referrer header set to something else than empty (requests w/o referrer will work, as you can pick from Jakob’s post too), the access is blocked and the requests is redirect to your 404 page.

The URL including www. worked for Jakob (while non-www didn’t) because he (likely) requested the URL by typing it in by himself, which means the requests is sent without a referrer. Other, the real question is, why there is such hotlink protection going on and where is the cause.

I could bet that there is a hot-linking protection snippet in one of your server’s configuration files, or module installed. If your talks with Dreamhost don’t come into conclusion, you could always post your High Diagnostics report (TXP/Admin/Diag > Select High) so that we can look what your .htaccess file or server modules your site has eaten and if the problem could lie somewhere there.

Last edited by Gocom (2011-11-22 20:16:06)

#9 2011-11-22 20:24:33

jfp
Website

@Gocom

(Email to you with Diagnostics report!)

#10 2011-11-22 20:32:13

jakob
Admin
Website

The URL including www. worked for Jakob (while non-www didn’t) because he (likely) requested the URL by typing it in by himself, which means the requests is sent without a referrer. Other, the real question is, why there is such hotlink protection going on and where is the cause

Yes, before you changed the site_url I checked the source to see what was different about the images that loaded and those that didn’t, then tried them out by manually entering them in the browser. But I lost track of what is what because the browser cache cuts in after a while (or after reloading the page that didn’t load, it does then work???). It can’t be a general path mismatch because there’s no problem with the css or js. The hot-linking protection was a guess based on that. Perhaps check if you have any other .htaccess files in there, for example in the /images/ directory itself?

#11 2011-11-22 21:02:22

jfp
Website

@jakob

I think you find it out! Merci.
That was the last problem and now resolved, because of your suggestion.
In fact during the day I actived such things and desactivated, to see if this will influence a bug somewhere, but until now, even after copy back to the server several time, don’t have seen.

But there was several few small details resolved during the day.

Thanks to all and glad to see TXP community still alive and good after many years. :)

#12 2011-11-22 23:08:27

jakob
Admin
Website

Glad you got it sorted jean-francois. Good to see you going strong too and it’s a lovely site you have there.

Board footer