Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2011-10-05 22:52:46

maruchan
Website

Re: [.com] Proposal: A new "Textpattern CMS Partners" section

Lovely idea, Uli. Do you have a Paypal account? I want to be the first Platinum Partner.

#14 2011-10-06 06:06:36

jakob
Admin
Website

Great idea, Uli: +1!

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#15 2011-10-06 12:08:46

hablablow
Website

Ditto Jakob et All.

_
_I plant seeds for future visions. Farmer of your eyes. Subliminal engineer of your minds. eion founder__

Hablablow + Webdesignofficina

#16 2011-10-06 12:21:14

uli

maruchan wrote:

Do you have a Paypal account?

I knew there were brownie factors I didn’t think of ;)

Hosting txp.com would be a little cheaper, yes.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#17 2011-10-06 20:13:33

douglgm
Website

Anything to raise the profile of Textpattern is ok by me. I’m tired of the sneers when I tell people I’m using something that’s not Wordpress… sigh

#18 2011-10-07 01:07:50

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

++

#19 2011-10-07 13:28:12

Destry
Website

I like the agency partnership idea. Though I’m guessing there’s insufficient people power behind the .com website to plan, launch, and maintain such an initiative properly — content alone.

IMHO, the .com site is due for another re-think in terms of it’s content, and thus its IA/design, no doubt. If/when that were to ever happen, that would be the time to introduce the partnership offer too.

But, I would not undermine two other resources…

First is the magazine, which I guarantee (once the first issue is released) will have a much greater viewing audience than .com (sad, perhaps, but true) and thus some kind of content offer oriented to partnering agencies would benefit both parties. This could either be a column that profiles a given agency each (or every other) issue, and in that case no charge to the agency (someone just needs to write the articles), or prime ad space could be sold to agencies who wanted very visible positioning in what will be increasingly a high-traffic site about Textpattern. (Btw, all revenue rolls back into project Txp and managed by core developers as needed for various initiatives.)

Second, there is a Textpattern Professionals*2 LinkedIn group that is just ripe for the picking; to be put to good use in a business/client way. Currently the group suffers from lack of promotion and smart use despite the fact there’s a fairly strong number of people in there already.

Not to get too far off track, but relevant to the latter is the notion that someone should be taking better charge of Textpattern’s social channels. We’ve made very good strides in this direction over the last several months.

• Since I stepped up to co-admin the Facebook group, the community there has increased in size by about 40%, and increased in active member dialogue/exchange by 200%.
  • Since I volunteered to help make the @textpattern tweets more…humanistic… we’ve had positive reaction in that channel to the stimuli. And every time I make a tweet telling the world there’s a Txp Facebook group, the FB group get’s between 3-6 new requests to join within a couple of hours. (That’s a tweet that should be done every month or two.)
  • Now that I know the Txp Pros group in LinkedIin is hopping with over 100 people, I’ll be looking to promote that as well.

But, as you know, I have a new project taking up some time, TXP Mag, and I can’t be everywhere all the time, so I put out a request for a Community Manager (among other things), and I’m happy to say we got somebody. I plan to introduce him (and all other magazine “staff”) properly in the first issue of the magazine, but now’s a good time in context…

You may or may not know Les Smith (@typesmith, follow him now), but he knew Dean Allen (both from Vancouver B.C.) and tested the original script we now know as Textpattern before it was ever made public (circa 2003). Les has been a social media consultant in the past, and is currently an e-books publisher at Talonbooks, a marketing consultant at Anvil Press Publishers, and has been running his own business, Typesmith Design, since 1995. I’ll be working with Les (and learning in his wake) to develop some socmed strategies and metrics to grow the social communities we have involvement with. It would be pretty smart, I think, to include Txp’s own socmed channels in that strategy so they are working together harmoniously.

#20 2011-10-08 19:47:32

lazlo

I am glad to be aboard in the role of Community Manager which as it stands is a big job, if you would like to help in any of the smaller aspects of it drop me line at typesmith at gmail dot com. Link aggregation, job search aggregation, promoting/defending the textpattern brand, meeting organization and alerts, etc are the kinds of tasks that I would love to have some help on. Of course any initiatives you like to see started shoot me a line and I will start making a list, actually more likely adding to the substantial list Destry has already created.

Speaking of Destry:

Destry wrote:

You may or may not know Les Smith (@typesmith, follow him now), but he knew Dean Allen (both from Vancouver B.C.) and tested the original script we now know as Textpattern before it was ever made public (circa 2003).

To be historically accurate I believe I was one of the first people to use Textpattern the day after it was made public, not before.

Best Regards
Les Smith

#21 2012-03-29 21:23:03

datorhaexa
Website

I just stumbled here and want to “plus” the agencies/devs/designers on the .com site plus location. If a client would be looking for a substitute developer or someone to maintain their site because the person who did it till now just has something else on their hands, the will most probably google Textpattern.

Now, think of where they will first land and how this will answer their need? I doubt that they will go seek people on FB, G+ or even Linkedin. Doing promotion through social channels is one thing; giving fast access to those who know the system and, I have to stress this, with location, is another.

I know that the .com will/shall be re-tought and developed but exactly for that reason, we need to keep those points handy when this time comes. World domination starts locally.

Board footer