Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-09-22 07:56:53

Destry
Website

.com blog comments

Can someone remind me (again) how to see one’s comments after submitting to the .com blog? That’s really annoying, and shouldn’t be so mysterious. We narcissistic animals like re-reading ourselves easily, not be left in self-question and doubt. :}

Seriously, though, when I submit, I’d expect to see the “comment sent” acknowledgement with a link back to either the top of article, the top of comments, my comment, or the comment form itself (I don’t really care which), and the process of clicking the link refreshes (or whatever needs done) the comments so I can see what I posted without having to know a secret hand-shake.

#2 2011-09-22 19:21:33

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: .com blog comments

I just have to force refresh and they show up. Dunno why though. Sometimes they show up straight away *shrug*

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2011-09-23 09:46:43

Destry
Website

Re: .com blog comments

Thanks. I knew there was a quirky thing to do. Couldn’t remember.

But, it doesn’t work on Chrome Mac. Whatever the situation, by my creating a comment at that point (comment #4), Chrome refuses to show my comment or any other after that point, even after a forced refresh. I can see them in Safari, but when it’s this far of a technical problem, it needs fixed. (Even a forced refresh is not what any common web user should ever have to do.)

I’ve never built a Txp site that anyone had this issue with on comments. I really don’t understand why it’s an issue here, and on the .com site no less. Not good for business. :/

Board footer