Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-09-22 01:36:37

kevinpotts

Change the Truth

changethetruth.org/ is a non-profit that directly aids and supports orphaned children in Uganda. A very good cause, and an organization focused on doing stuff, not just, you know, raising awareness or something.

Highlights, such as they are …

• TXP 4.4.1
  • HTML5 with a ton of CSS3 … fully buzzword compliant
  • Fully optimized for mobile
  • Full shopping cart with yab_shop

Client was pretty darn happy with the design, and I’m training them on TXP next week.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#2 2011-09-22 01:57:58

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Change the Truth

Dare I say another Potts classic. Very slick.

The only minor glitches I spotted (FF 6.0.2 Windoze) in my brief tour were from the nav bar:

• Sponsorships and Get Involved links don’t have any landing page content when clicked directly
  • Sometimes the nav bar disappears below image content, e.g. the corner of the Get Involved menu when on the doll project page. And the About CTT menu when on the staff page

Other than that, it’s smooth sailing. I’ll take your word for it about the mobile side of things as I’m not posh enough to own a device with web access. Nice shop implementation too. Kudos, sir.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2011-09-22 04:08:40

kevinpotts

I told the client about the missing content; they’re working on it. I’ll fix the dropdowns though … that’s just paying a visit to my good friend z-index.

Thanks for the kind words. As you can tell, I made liberal use of smd_gallery as well. Some plugins are like switch-army knives with their functionality — smd_gallery is like an entire warehouse of weapons and tools. I’ve made it do things no normal plugin should be subjected to.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#4 2011-09-22 11:35:10

zero
Website

Superb stuff. It looks great on my android! Video and shopping etc all work perfectly. Did you do anything special to make the video work so well? Just one small thing – the slogan under ‘Change the truth’ needs more contrast.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#5 2011-09-22 14:25:35

kevinpotts

Video uses Flow Player. Defaults to HTML5 tags, falls back to Flash/FLV for IE.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#6 2011-09-22 17:30:52

GugUser

How do you use Gotham font legally?

#7 2011-09-22 17:50:18

kevinpotts

This version of Gotham Rounded was offered as a free single-font download from HF&J. It was quite awhile ago, but if I remember correctly, it was effectively a license-free download. I checked their website and I don’t see the offer anymore, but I wouldn’t use it unless I felt I was legally able. (Now I feel stupid for not being able to find this …) I’ll keep looking and see if I can’t dig it up.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#8 2011-09-22 19:43:50

GugUser

I asked because I would like to use the Gotham, but H&FJ specifies:

Can I use your fonts through @font-face, or a webfont hosting service?

Not yet, but webfonts from H&FJ are coming soon. Right now we’re working to ensure that each of our thousands of typefaces looks as good on screen as it does in print, and can be delivered with the kind of reliability that both designers and their clients have come to expect from H&FJ. To paraphrase MCA, we’re working on it, please be patient.

It has long been there, they seem to think in geological time dimensions.

Last edited by GugUser (2011-09-22 19:45:46)

#9 2011-09-23 22:50:15

zero
Website

Change The Truth is now featured at TXPQ on account of the great content. (I decided that sites featured on TXPQ are going to be there primarily for their content rather than their design).

I noticed another thing, Kevin. On a mobile – Galleries/the children and galleries/team members with children don’t show the years navigation in the sidebar that shows in the desktop version. Tricky one I should imagine.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

Board footer