Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-09-06 18:14:38

dardo
Website

Estupidez Artificial: Personal blog

Hello!

This is my first message on forums. I was to post another one asking for help but with help of the TXP documentation I resolved it without the asking need.

This is Estupidez Artificial (link)

It’s my personal blog. I’m migrating from Wordpress but the automatic import don’t work on my server. I know that I can have a local install of WP and TXP in my workstation and test it, but I prefer import one by one all wordpress posts and editing it because there are lot of embebed code, for example for load Youtube videos.

Please don’t complain about the ugly color combination and the poorly drawed header image, my friends do it everytime.

The desings is heavily based on TXP_laxydays, but Y prefer name it busydays because I’ve been very busy editting CSS.

Kind regards!

UPDATE: I recent updated the style. I’m not fully satisfied with the result, I almost have no time to improve the presentation and I still learn about Textpattern but I’m the the way. I think that with the new style is more readable and my friends don’t complains about that “ugly color, that seems grey but looks like shit”

I’ve switched from wordpress to textpattern beacuase I feel that wit wp I’ve lost the control of my site. Several plugins called javascript from third sites, nobody reply in the forums, the documentation of most plugins are completely outdated and I cannot updated to the last version of wp because my host provider don’t want update mysql version. Oh wait, the most important thing, I love try new things, and I run five wordpress sites, try and compare other CMS is interesting.

Now I want do the archives page (in progress), and archives sidebar widget and a photogallery. Most of my pictures are in Picasa. I didn’t see any plugin fot Picasa web albums but I think that I don’t need a one dedicated of that specific task. I think that I can use for parse de xml feed. The ideal thing is host the pictures (or only a well chose subset of it) and serve it from my host. That will be very easy. There are lot of documentation about how to comvert TXP in a photoblog make a picture gallery. The only requisit for my is that don’t use javascript unless it brings a feature that cannot be done running code in the server side. All site features must be work even if the visitor works with javascript turned off, and of course no javascript from third sites, specially that javascript that tracks visitors data and there aren’t announcied in wp plugins info.

I think that all I want to do is doable with TXP, the usefull documentation from the comunity and maybe the help of one plugin (or a couple, or three of them…).

I preciatte some criticism about the presentation of my site, but no complains about the _“ugly colors” please, I have enough of them from a not very qualified persons (the kind of persons who thinks that comic sans is so wonderfully designed that it use everywhere).

Last edited by dardo (2011-09-12 19:35:38)

Colorful: A colorful theme for Textpattern

Board footer