Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-08-25 12:45:49

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

[feedback] Textpattern.org - Mods listing page not working

Something makes Mods page end unexpectedly. Perhaps non-working plugin, open TXP tag or issues with output buffering? Who knows.

The page seems to cut at Textpattern interface restyled for 4.0.6 article’s <txp:image /> tag. Could it be that the truncating function (powered by rss_auto_excerpts etc?) cuts the tag and then TXP tries to parse the partial, invalid tag?

I don’t have access to edit the article, so can’t test / fix it. Temporary solution could be to remove the image tag from the body and replace it with Textile (!/images/162.png!). If the issue is caused by truncating, then the issue should probably be patched with a real, more permanent fix.

#2 2011-08-25 17:16:06

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: [feedback] Textpattern.org - Mods listing page not working

Yes, the problem appears to be in rss_auto_excerpt. I’ve worked around it by adding an excerpt to that article. I know Stef is working on a redesign and that plugin is not used there anymore.

#3 2011-08-25 19:29:48

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

RSS is borked:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare rss() (previously declared in /home/plugins/web/public/textpattern/publish/rss.php:18) in /home/plugins/web/public/textpattern/publish/rss.php on line 254

#4 2011-08-25 19:45:02

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

hcgtv wrote:

RSS is borked:

Likely caused by ajw_clean_feed. Doesn’t play well with recent versions of Textpattern. Causes that error when opening the original core feed URLs, the plugin’s additional clean URLs work tho.

TXP.org’s messy URLs still work (for those that want to use/update their reader’s/service’s URLs asap):

http://textpattern.org/?rss=1
http://textpattern.org/?atom=1

#5 2011-08-25 20:27:02

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Fixed. I enabled that plugin again, because there were lots of warning in debug mode due to missing tag supplied by that plugin. Now it’s disabled once more.

#6 2011-08-25 20:46:49

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

RSS working fine now, noticed it when I hit the TxPlanet page – thanks ruud.

Board footer