Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#31 2012-03-29 22:17:49

danapaige

Re: Yoko for Textpattern

Ok I have entered debugging mode, but I am not sure what to do with the information it is providing.

For the htaccess thing, do I need to change something in my htaccess to make textpattern work? I don’t think I’ve changed anything. I run wordpress on my main site, and textpattern is installed in a subdirectory for testing.

#32 2012-03-29 23:58:25

uli

Dana, Dragondz, I’ll merge this topic with the Yoko thread. Stephan, the maintainer for Yoko, is a very active forum member.
Have a look there at the bottom of the page whether you need to subscribe to the Yoko topic separately.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#33 2012-04-03 10:03:35

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Dragondz,

Which version of Yoko did you download? i vaguely remember there was something like this fixed at some point in time, but I am not so sure now…

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#34 2012-04-03 12:08:48

Dragondz
Website

stephan a écrit:

Hi Dragondz,
Which version of Yoko did you download? i vaguely remember there was something like this fixed at some point in time, but I am not so sure now…

Hi stephan i havent used yoko i was only responding to dana question about the error message, but i think you are a more legitimate answerer than me

Cheers

#35 2012-04-03 12:49:36

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Dragondz wrote:

Hi stephan i havent used yoko i was only responding to dana question about the error message, but i think you are a more legitimate answerer than me

Haha, I am sometimes not able to read properly, sorry for the mixup :-)

danapaige, can you provide more insight into which Yoko version you used? Check the sho_yoko plugin in the backend, this holds some info about it if you do not have all files anymore.

Last edited by stephan (2012-04-03 12:49:47)

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#36 2012-04-03 19:45:16

danapaige

Didn’t see the sho_yoko plugin, but the YOKO_THEME_VARIABLES plugin was version 1.06. On the style tab, it says I am using Yoko theme version 1.0.4.

I setup and installed this theme almost 5 months ago, so I’m not sure what I setup anymore, but I’ve had this same error the whole time. I finally decided I couldn’t fix it myself, so I wrote here.

Maybe I should reinstall a new version of the theme?

#37 2012-04-03 19:49:58

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Yes, I think grabbing the latest from the download section and starting fresh is the best way to approach your problems. Let me know what happens once you updated…

#38 2012-04-04 22:03:40

danapaige

OK! Success! I installed the newest version of Yoko and the error in my header went away. Thank you.

I am still having the other problem though. None of the links work.

Every link on the homepage produces a 404 file not found error.

Does this have something to do with the fact that I have installed textpattern in a subdirectory? Or maybe I need to change some settings so that the links are correctly relative to each other? This may no longer be relevant to the Yoko thread, not sure.

#39 2012-04-05 05:22:48

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

In the preferences try to switch to “messy URLs” instead. This looks as though the .htaccess file was not configured to support clean URLs.

#40 2012-07-12 13:04:03

spud693

Hi,

I’ve got it installed, and all appears to be well – apart from the sidebar links which aren’t following the ‘messy’ link type (which I believe I need because I dont have a fixed IP?) you can check it out @ www.spud693.co.uk – any help with this issue would be greatly appriciated!

EDIT

In particular I’m referring to the sidebar links in ‘about this site’ ‘Archive’ and I also notice the rss link is busted. They are all linking like /contact, where they should be index.php?s=contact…

Last edited by spud693 (2012-07-12 13:20:45)

Board footer