Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-06-23 17:09:36

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Floss Weekly - A Proposal

For those of you who don’t know, Floss Weekly is a podcast on the TWiT Network that has been running for a while now – up to 171 episodes at the moment. Legendary PERL Maven Randall Schwartz is the current host and he has a rotating cast of co-hosts. Every week, they talk to the people behind a different open source project or organization – it ranges from single-person projects to employees of large corporations.

The way Randall schedules shows you can see on his spreadsheet. He just recently finished the next quarter. The fastest way to get a project featured as he says every week is to “have the developers contacts him directly at merlyn@stonehenge.com.” That way he has a direct contact when he goes to put together a schedule and knows they are interested. There have been CMS projects on in the past like Pylons and Drupal among others.

With all the talk of doing more promotion, I thought I would throw this out there. It will be at least October before Randall has any open dates, so it gives some time to think about it. And if you are just curious, you may find some episodes worth listening to.

#2 2011-06-23 17:32:57

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Floss Weekly - A Proposal

I would definitely tap listen that. Would be sweet.

Board footer