Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-06-19 07:11:21

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

why does my site crash netrenderer?

As I only have a mac, I always used netrenderer to check how our sites look on explorer.

netrenderer recently added ie9 but when I try to check any neme.org url for that version the renderer seems to ‘crash’.

I suspect that this might be because of the stylesheets but I cannot see anything which might be the culprit. Can somebody point me to where to check or better, what might be wrong?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2011-06-19 09:10:34

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: why does my site crash netrenderer?

If software crashes when visiting a website, the problem is the software, not the website. File a bug report with the developer of netrenderer.

#3 2011-06-19 14:16:04

uli

Yannis, I wanted to see what you call a “crash” cause I sometimes also encountered dysfunctions on Netrenderer’s IE9 but never had the idea it might depend on my code.

It’s not a real crash as you can perfectly test other sites after “crashing” IE9. So it might well be something any system component chokes upon.

I now did a quick test with neme: I uploaded a static file set of neme’s home page to my server, checked that on Netrenderer and also had that “crash”. Cool!

Then I went through your code and looked for a possible culprit, which I thought to have found in the translate function. I removed everything that Google Translate needs or might have created there, and the page passed smoothly :)

Hope you can replicate that on neme!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#4 2011-06-20 05:22:58

colak
Admin

hi ruud, i actually did write a report but as i received no answer, i thought that it might be something in our site.

Hi uli, you might be right. I will check on it today.

Yiannis
——————————

#5 2011-06-20 08:13:32

colak
Admin

@uli

That was it. I’m not even seeing the translator as it only loads if the computer language is not english. I am using Robert’s script to load it. I’m now wondering if the google script actually crashes ie9 or that it might just be a bug with the renderer itself.

Yiannis
——————————

#6 2011-06-20 11:04:09

uli

colak wrote:

I’m not even seeing the translator as it only loads if the computer language is not english.

That made it easier for me to find a suspect.

I’m now wondering if the google script actually crashes ie9 or that it might just be a bug with the renderer itself.

You could try another service like e.g. browsershots.org in order to find out. Though you need waaaaay more patience there and probably even apply for a period of grace until your screenshots are completed. (On the other hand these are downloadable, netrenderer’s aren’t.)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer