Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-05-29 11:27:13

masterexmachina

Question

I am coming from world of Expressionengine and I find textpattern similar to that sistem in templateing code, and that was my main reason to choose textpattern as CMS of my choice.

Currently i am doing my first site in textpattern and mostly I am very satisfied with a way it is done, but I have questions about templateing.

<txp:article limit=“5” /> this tag here shows last 5 articles. How do I choose what do I want to show? for example can I do something like this? <txp:article limit=“5”> <h2><txp:article:title> </h2> <txp:article:summary> </txp:article>

so I can show only what I want , only title, or onlz summary and so on …

Problem is that I enter this tag I have found on docs, but I get result like this

——-
some article

12 hours ago

this is text of some article
— user account name

categorz1 name, category2 name etc .
———

I just want to show title and text, I do not want to see status of comments, I do not want to see categories and so on. How to do that?

#2 2011-05-29 12:01:51

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Question

Hi and welcome to txp

tag reference will be of help to you but to answer your question

<txp:article limit="5">
<h2><txp:permlink><txp:article:title></txp:permlink></h2>
<txp:excerpt />
</txp:article>

The extra information (author, posted categories etc) should be in the “default” form in Presentation>Forms sub-tab and in Forms>Comment display

Last edited by colak (2011-05-29 12:15:05)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2011-05-29 12:32:23

smdnetau
Website

If you’re coming from EE you can swap Channels (or Weblogs if you’re still using 1.X) for Sections. Textpattern works differently to EE in that Sections are more structural than EE Channels. You can easily change an txp article’s section but not so in EE. Probably because most folk setup multiple custom fields and field groups and assign them to unique channels. If you want to do this in txp you can fake it with the plugins ‘glz custom fields’ & ‘bot write tab customize’ and only show the fields you need per section.

Regards
Marty

masterexmachina wrote:

I am coming from world of Expressionengine and I find textpattern similar to that sistem in templateing code, and that was my main reason to choose textpattern as CMS of my choice.

Currently i am doing my first site in textpattern and mostly I am very satisfied with a way it is done, but I have questions about templateing.

<txp:article limit=“5” /> this tag here shows last 5 articles. How do I choose what do I want to show? for example can I do something like this?

<txp:article limit=“5”> <h2><txp:article:title> </h2> <txp:article:summary> </txp:article>

so I can show only what I want , only title, or onlz summary and so on …

Problem is that I enter this tag I have found on docs, but I get result like this

——-
some article

12 hours ago

this is text of some article
— user account name

categorz1 name, category2 name etc .
———

I just want to show title and text, I do not want to see status of comments, I do not want to see categories and so on. How to do that?

#4 2011-05-29 16:58:12

jpdupont

Hi,

if you read some french …

here a beginer tutorial I wrote for my students :

#5 2011-05-29 20:22:52

masterexmachina

colak thank you, that answers my question smdnetau thnx, but i plan to use textpattern for smaller projects, price of 200 or more $ for small projects is too much for me, so that is main reason to switch to txp.
@jpdupont thank you got tutorial in french ;D but I stuggle with deutch and english as second languages …

Board footer