Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2011-08-13 10:00:05

jayrope
Plugin Author
Website Mastodon

Re: adi_matrix – Multi-article update tabs

Okay, “Nothing to do” can be translated as “Keine Artikel zu aktualisieren” then.

A hole turned upside down is a dome, when there’s also gravity.

#62 2011-08-13 23:14:26

gomedia
Plugin Author

jayrope wrote:

Okay, “Nothing to do” can be translated as “Keine Artikel zu aktualisieren” then.

Done & uploaded, thanks.

#63 2011-08-14 06:33:18

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Adi, I just realised I didn’t get to publicly thank you for this plugin. A real time saver!

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#64 2011-08-14 06:57:17

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I seem to have found a minor bug. The plugin shows its css styles under all the extensions instead of just the adi matrix one.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#65 2011-08-14 08:37:52

gomedia
Plugin Author

colak wrote:

Adi, I just realised I didn’t get to publicly thank you for this plugin. A real time saver!

My pleasure.

I seem to have found a minor bug. The plugin shows its css styles under all the extensions instead of just the adi matrix one.

It shouldn’t cause any problems but I’ve fixed it in the next release anyway.

#66 2011-10-26 18:19:20

maniqui
Website

Great plugin, I think it can be really helpful, particularly when doing major changes on a website and it needs some re-thinking/re-filling of custom fields.

Currently, adi_matrix allows to create a matrix listing articles in all sections or just on one section, but not on some sections.
I think it would be a nice improvement to make the Section dropdown (on “Article Selection” column on adi_matrix tab) a multi-select or checkboxes. In other words, to be able to create a matrix that includes articles from more than one section.
This could helpful if you have products published on different sections, but you would like a matrix that would let you change values (ej. price, stock, etc) on all this sections.

This way, we could create different “bulk editing” matrixes, like “Change prices”, or “Edit metadescription”. What do you think?

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#67 2011-10-27 04:44:51

gomedia
Plugin Author

maniqui wrote:

Great plugin, I think it can be really helpful, particularly when doing major changes on a website and it needs some re-thinking/re-filling of custom fields.

Glad you find it useful. I certainly do too.

I think it would be a nice improvement to make the Section dropdown (on “Article Selection” column on adi_matrix tab) a multi-select or checkboxes.

Sounds like a reasonable & useful request. Although I’m not keen on multi-selects, they do have the advantage of not taking up too much room. I’ll have a think …

#68 2011-11-08 01:51:30

maniqui
Website

Sounds like a reasonable & useful request. Although I’m not keen on multi-selects, they do have the advantage of not taking up too much room. I’ll have a think …

Thanks for considering it.
Well, an alternativ to multi-selects (btw, I’m neither too keen on them) could be a list of checkboxes inside a box with a fixed height and overflow:scroll. It’s not a form control usually seen out there in the wild, but well, it could be an option.

Adi, I forgot another request I’ve in the back of my mind: what about also adding Category1 and Category2 to “Article data”. This request may open a can of worms, as I or other users may also ask for another missing fields that could be bulk edited (Section, Author, Publish/Expire date, etc), although those other fields I mentioned are less likely to change than categories, imo.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#69 2011-11-08 02:07:17

gomedia
Plugin Author

maniqui wrote:

Well, an alternativ to multi-selects (btw, I’m neither too keen on them) could be a list of checkboxes inside a box with a fixed height and overflow:scroll. It’s not a form control usually seen out there in the wild, but well, it could be an option.

Yes, I’ve seen that too. It’s definitely a possibility.

Adi, I forgot another request I’ve in the back of my mind: what about also adding Category1 and Category2 to “Article data”.

It’s already in my current “work-in-progress” beta!

#70 2011-11-08 11:23:09

redbot
Plugin Author

maniqui wrote:

…Adi, I forgot another request I’ve in the back of my mind: what about also adding Category1 and Category2 to “Article data”…

Hi,
Pardon in advance if I’m missing something obvious but what’s the point in adding categories when they can already be mass-edited the “articles” tab?

#71 2011-11-08 11:37:19

gomedia
Plugin Author

redbot wrote:

Pardon in advance if I’m missing something obvious but what’s the point in adding categories when they can already be mass-edited the “articles” tab?

Matrixes are specific user-defined subsets of articles, so if you’ve one set up & there’s a requirement to modify (or even just have visibility of) their categories then why not? It might be easier than cherry picking articles from a long list and doing a multi-edit on one category at a time.

#72 2011-11-08 11:50:43

redbot
Plugin Author

gomedia wrote:

…Matrixes are specific user-defined subsets of articles, so if you’ve one set up & there’s a requirement to modify (or even just have visibility of) their categories then why not? It might be easier than cherry picking articles from a long list and doing a multi-edit on one category at a time.

Oops! Yes, I was missing something obvious ;)
BTW I love this plugin. Thanks Adi!

Board footer