Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-03-10 22:11:35

maverick
Website

clean urls working, but reporting clean url fail in diagnostics

I recently put together an proof-of-concept for a friend’s church, to show him that Txp could replicate their current site and blog (powered by by CushyCMS and Wordpress), provide a single administrative interface for both sites, and give more flexibility going forward.

I installed the example site in a subdirectory riverchurch.net/riverbend

The only error I have on diagnostics is that jquery has been changed and clean_url_data_failed: 17550068b1e8c6726c24f82b30c7f6e6

The site url is set properly in preferences, and clean urls are working (/section/title). So I dismissed the warning as false, and attributed it as being a subdirectory issue.

“Gocom” informs me that subdirectories ought not be an issue, so I thought better ask and see what I’m missing.

Thoughts?

#2 2011-03-10 22:17:00

els

Re: clean urls working, but reporting clean url fail in diagnostics

Elsewhere, Gocom also says:

Yes. From the PopHelp link next to the message:

It appears that either your site URLs (site.com/section/article) are currently not working or your server does not support the test procedure to determine if clean URLs work or not; if clean URLs on your site actually work, you can ignore this message.

Diagnostics: Clean URL data failed

The test can fail for example when firewall is blocking outgoing connections.

#3 2011-03-10 22:52:14

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

maverick wrote:

jquery has been changed

You using SVN version? Checksums are re-calculated only on stable releases.

clean_url_data_failed: 17550068b1e8c6726c24f82b30c7f6e6

If cleans URLs are working, dismiss the message.

#4 2011-03-11 00:12:40

maverick
Website

Thanks Els and Jukka

Gocom wrote:

You using SVN version? Checksums are re-calculated only on stable releases.

Sorry. I was confusing. I am using svn, and I knew that was why it was throwing the error. I didn’t need to included that part and am not sure why I did. I guess I was typing faster than my head was thinking. My apologies.

Gocom wrote:

If cleans URLs are working, dismiss the message.

Whew. I had thought I was safe in dismissing the message, but then began to doubt myself. Thanks.

Odd, though. The clean url test passes with flying colors under regular installs using a TLD for the directory. Which would mean the server supports the test under those conditions. I only get the issue if using multi-installs (which is a known issue) or subdirectories. Oh well. The few times I use subdirectories have been for testing or demonstration, so I can live with the oddity of it. :)

Thanks again

Board footer