Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-03-10 16:17:43

nabrown78
Website

Web Designers Review of Books

I should have posted this here ages ago, since this forum is full of the best kind of web designer/developer: Textpattern users! It is The Web Designers’ Review of Books. It is a site I created because I was frustrated trying to sort through the myriad books on CSS, HTML, JQuery, web content, marketing, SEO…the list goes on. I found Amazon reviews usually to be not very considered or in-depth.

So, perhaps someone here will find it helpful. I also have a poll going right now on which web-content related book to review next.

Cheers,
Nora

#2 2011-03-10 17:02:48

maverick
Website

Re: Web Designers Review of Books

Nice. Thanks for sharing :)

#3 2011-03-10 18:28:24

maruchan
Website

Great site! I’ve been aware of it for a while and find it very useful.

I also laughed at your comment follow-up to Michael Slater’s “Webvanta redirect comment” on the Hardboiled review page.

#4 2011-03-10 18:55:51

nabrown78
Website

maruchan wrote:

I also laughed at your comment follow-up to Michael Slater’s “Webvanta redirect comment” on the Hardboiled review page.

Yeah — that was weird, right? I mean it was close to being spam, but it wasn’t. Just totally pointless. Ah well, such are comments.

#5 2011-03-10 19:55:18

jakob
Admin
Website

Impressive! I’d not seen that before – you’ve been pretty busy there and even garnered a few words from zeldman! I see you like the a book apart series too – now you can add a new one. Funny that their new book ties in very well with your other book review from last week.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#6 2011-03-10 23:56:07

nabrown78
Website

jakob wrote:

even garnered a few words from zeldman! I see you like the a book apart series too – now you can add a new one. Funny that their new book ties in very well with your other book review from last week.

Yes I was so stoked to see his gravatar on the page!

The new content book – I know I should save money and get it electronically only, but I so want to have those three lined up on my bookshelf together!

Board footer